Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets on four continents, with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. As a core value, we pledge to continuously improve in meeting our commitment to work in the most safe, inclusive, environmentally and socially responsible manner practicable. Safety and health initiatives, both on and off the job, are a critically important investment in our employees.
We offer outstanding opportunities for individuals seeking a challenging, exciting and rewarding work environment for a company that supplies the world with metals that will sustain and expand economies and build infrastructure in developing nations. A world of opportunities is available to individuals who share in our commitments.
Under general supervision is responsible for commodity price risk management daily trade desk functions. This includes trade execution of authorized Freeport-McMoRan base metals, precious metals and energy tactical and strategic price risk management programs. Responsible for derivatives position maintenance and commodity price risk management administration.
Trade order execution of copper, aluminum, lead and zinc customer price fixations and offsetting tactical hedge with broker counterparts; coordinate with customers and financial counterparts to structure monthly copper hedge book; implement derivative product transactions for copper, gold, silver, diesel fuel and natural gas strategic price risk management programs for Freeport-McMoRan and subsidiary companies. Confirm transaction details with customers and broker counterparts
Enters daily trade details and market data into derivatives position databases (CRMS, OPVAL and KIODEX) insuring integrity of these systems and compliance with authorization/corporate risk management policy. Coordinates monthly close out of positions and settlements. Interacts with Compliance Department
Assemble and maintain metals and energy metals price data. Prepares mark-to-market evaluations, presentations and reports to management and other corporate teams/departments
Interacts with sales to ensure customer price fixations/hedge objectives are achieved
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, accounting, engineering or related field
- Present a positive, professional image
- Must be self-motivated and client service oriented
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure
- Excellent problem solving, attention to detail, and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with some supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), database programs and the Internet
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
Preferred Qualifications (e)
- Two (2) or more years commercial metals or minerals industry experience
- Experience trading derivative instruments
- Series III Li
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer
- Must be available to work early morning hours to cover COMEX opening (5:00 a.m.)
- Must be able to work effectively in an active trade desk environment
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 10 pounds
- Freeport-McMoRan Copper and Gold promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (FCX) digs its profits from copper and precious metal mines around the world. In 2011 FCX's proven...