PLEASE NOTE: YOU NEED TO HAVE A CDL FOR THIS POSITION.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK A SPLIT SHIFT 7A-11A & 1P-5P
CORE COMPETENCIES: Effective Communication,
Accountability, Problem Solving, Service Excellence,
Team Leadership, Work Ethics & Values, Technological
Proficiency, Attention to Detail, Interpersonal Skills,
Commitment, and Organizational Awareness
Utilizing a KHI-owned vehicle, safely and efficiently
transports consumers from their home site to the Day Hab
facility, and back home again. In addition, takes
consumers on activity outings as scheduled. Assists
consumers on and off vehicles; assures their safety
while riding in an assigned vehicle; maintains accurate
records and logs of trip information as required; and
ensures that assigned vehicles are in safe operating
condition at all times.
accordance with time schedules and route
- Operate a KHI transportation vehicle in strict
assignments, without deviation, unless otherwise
instructed by KHI.
transportation to consumers to include transporting,
- Provide safe, courteous, and efficient door-to-door
assisting, and escorting exceptional needs consumers
to and/or from their homes and a variety of other
seat belts and/or wheelchair lap belts are properly
- Assist consumers on and off vehicles ensuring that
board and de-board consumers; ensure that wheelchair
- Operate wheelchair lift device when necessary to
brakes are locked while lift is in motion, position
wheelchairs in vehicle and secure them to the
while on scheduled routes, attempt to resolve
- Maintain order and proper behavior of consumers
disputes, document and report severe
physical, intellectual, or developmental problems
- Ensure the safety of consumers with severe
while in vehicle by receiving written or oral
instructions, being aware and alert to any signs of
difficulty, following prescribed instructions and
procedures as required, handling behavioral
outbursts, calling for emergency assistance, etc.
plan and modify routes as needed based on passenger
- Receive daily driving assignments and schedules;
cancellations, transfers, no-shows, or other changes
caused by changing service needs.
availability for additional assignments whenever
- Notify Office Manager regarding no shows or
extra time exists on the schedule.
inspection of assigned vehicle prior to beginning
- Conduct daily vehicle safety and maintenance
route; immediately report all defects needing
and reports including but not limited to: arrival
- Complete and maintain a variety of records, logs,
and departure times for each pick-up and drop-off;
identifying passenger cancellations and no-shows;
vehicle inspections; mileage logs, time sheets,
recording lunch times and breaks, etc.
and/or passenger incidents. Report vehicle accidents
- Prepare reports of driving hazards, accident,
or passenger emergencies accurately and timely and
follow established procedures during these
- Adhere to check-in and check-out times as
- Evacuate vehicle in a safe and timely manner when
training as assigned.
- Attend all meetings, programs, and in-service
- Maintain current required licenses, certifications
unusual circumstances occur as assigned.
- Assist with other routes when breakdowns or other
operations in conjunction with KHI’s cross-training
- Participate in cross training activities and
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Perform related duties as required.
relates to the operation of vehicles used in
- Knowledge of the Ohio State Motor Vehicle Code as it
County and related areas.
- Knowledge of the streets and highways of Cuyahoga
requirements of automotive equipment.
- Knowledge of the safe driving practices.
- Basic knowledge of preventive maintenance
requirements associated with the transport of the
- Ability to learn the special transportation
disabled and elderly.
and safety of special needs consumers on transport
- Ability to establish and maintain proper conduct
lift-equipped busses and specialized
- Ability to safely and properly operate
in both oral and written formats.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate
procedures pertaining to the safe transport of
- Ability to read and interpret a map.
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations.
- Ability to learn and apply KHI polices and
caution while operating a transport vehicle.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and extreme
- Ability to recognize malfunctions in vehicles and
vehicle maintenance and the transportation of
- Ability to maintain records and logs related to
relationships with managers and co-workers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work
- Must be service oriented
- Must display a professional image at all times
- Willingness to be flexible, in job responsibilities
UNUSUAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work may include evenings and weekends
- May be exposed to contagious diseases
- May be exposed to aggressive or otherwise
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must pass a DOT physical
- Must possess a valid Ohio Drivers License
- Must be able to comply with Koinonia Home’s
- At least 25 years old with (3) three years of
violations for past three years
- Clean driving record – no points or moving
Koinonia Homes - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard