Risk Management Manager 2
1 N JEFFERSON AVE - SAINT LOUIS, MO
Wells Fargo s Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision and design every product and service with our customers in mind. If it s not good for our customers, then it s not good for Wells Fargo.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We believe everyone on our team is important and deserves respect for who they are and how they contribute to our success.
The CLG team includes our home mortgage, home equity, consumer credit card, personal loans and lines, direct auto, dealer services and commercial auto, retail services and education financial services businesses.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Responsible for directly, and through subordinates, building and maintaining state-of-the-art mortgage prepayment models for the Wells Fargo Consumer Lending Group.
Specific duties include:
- The design, estimation, operation, and interpretation of all prepayment models needed by business customers. This includes guiding the data gathering, results-tracking and model validation processes necessary to support these activities;
- Actively participating in the interpretation of the model results within the context of market trends, as well as interpreting the impact of external market trends on prepayments independent of the models themselves.
- Contributing professional expertise and leadership to all MMA department initiatives as part of the management team.
- Engaging personally and with others in financial analysis as required to address business needs.
- Be confident and capable of defending analytical process and model results to internal users and various oversight groups including the OCC, Federal Reserve and KPMG.
- Collaborate with SPM and other key model users to ensure models are properly designed, implemented and run.
- Collaborate with ISM on ongoing design and enhancements of the prepayment modeling infrastructure.
- Collaborate with CMGV on all model governance issues.
- Stay current with industry research regarding prepay modeling and prepayment behavior, bringing relevant ideas into CLG and, where appropriate, benchmarking internal performance and processes to these third parties.
- Develop the prepayment modeling group to being an industry leader in modeling methodology, controls and processes.
7+ years risk experience and 2+ years management experience.
-Postgraduate degree in statistics/finance/economics or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years modeling experience
- 2+ years prepayment experience
- Background in Finance or Mortgage Finance
- Strong Communications skills (written & verbal)
- Strong Analytical skills
- Proven Leadership Ability
- Strong Collaboration skills
Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. It...