Tinker Air Force Base plays a key role in managing and maintaining the sophisticated weapon systems that keep America's air defenses strong. A highly skilled workforce of more than 24,000 civilians and military personnel work together to complete the Air Force mission. Whatever your background or expertise, you will find rewarding career opportunities at Tinker.
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information. You MUST have the identified eligibility in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee - Must be Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional Employees
You must be a United States citizen.
Travel and Relocation Expenses may be paid.
Back to top
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
managing and directing activities dealing with maintenance, repair, modification, cost calibrate, certify, testing and making
serviceable numerous air, avionics, electrical, instruments, mechanical, oxygen systems, hydraulic, fluid components and flight controls, constant speed drives and bearings as the single point of repair and overhaul point for such items.
Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities
Responsible for implementation of all facets of various command programs.
Ensures development and execution of operational budgets.
Back to top
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-14) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include managing and directing activities dealing with maintenance, repair, modification, cost calibrate, certify, testing and making serviceable numerous air, avionics, electrical, instruments, mechanical, oxygen systems, hydraulic, fluid components and flight controls, constant speed drives and bearings as the single point of repair and overhaul point for such items.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-XX [insert appropriate grade level] or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of commodities maintenance operations, repair operations and techniques to repair, manufacture, modify and test of numerous air, avionics, electrical, instruments, mechanical, oxygen systems, hydraulic, fluid components and flight controls, constant speed drives and bearings.
2. Knowledge of personnel management policies, practices and procedures, including the ability to adjust work operations to meet emergency conditions; the ability to change program or production requirements within available resources with minimum sacrifice of quantity or quality; and the ability to establish objectives or performance goals and assess progress toward their achievement.
3. Ability to plan, organize and direct group functions and mentor, motivate and appraise the staff of an organization through subordinate supervisors.
4. Ability to adapt to constantly changing condition is able to act quickly and to withstand considerable and continuing pressure from both inside and outside the organization.
5. Ability to plan, present and execute budgets, to analyze budget impacts on program operations and to forecast long-term funding requirements.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY?
provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
TIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Other significant facts pertaining to this position are:
1. Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
2. Responsible for work area safety and is required to comply with all applicable safety directives.
3. May be required to work irregular shifts in support of surge workload contingency or emergency.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this postion, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionaire. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Back to top
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees:
Other Information regarding Citizenship, Priority Placement Registrants, Retired Civil Employees, Credit for Unpaid or Volunteer Experience, Veteran's Preference, Military Spouse Preference and Certain Military Spouse Eligibility (EO 13473), etc is available on our website at
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package
be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Thursday, March 14, 2013.
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click
for the required cover page. This Vacancy ID is 851657. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire. Click
for the OPM Form 1203-FX.
3. Fax all required documents to
. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
The numbering on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire. Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been process by clicking
. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and
- If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your
the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not
contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located
SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
if qualifying based on education or positive education series
If you are faxing any documents, click
for the official cover sheet to print. The fax number is 478-757-3144
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Tinker Air Force Base
3001 Staff Drive
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...