Database Admin (Job Number: 313540)
SAIC's Cybersecurity Business Unit is looking for a Database Developer for a position in Northern VA. Applicants must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
JOB DESCRIPTION/POSITION SUMMARY:
Database Administrator will evaluate and investigate Database Discrepancies/Improvments/Data Transitions and DBA Requests submitted by the customer community. Candidate will work with teammates to support project control gates and creation of project documentation. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, a quick learner and able to work independently while collaborating with team members and external components in a complex environment.
- Perform threshold forecasting, sizing, capacity planning, and trend analysis.
- Perform data loading (SQL Loader, Export/Import and Data Pump).
- Maintain, administer, dev, test and production RDBMS environments.
- Installation and building the database.
- Configuring the Oracle network environment.
- Managing the Oracle instance & database storage structures.
- Administering users and security.
- Monitoring the database and O/S.
- Performing the database migration, upgrades and patches.
- Performing the database tuning, backup and recovery.
- Ensure FISMA and CATB requirements are met at the database level.
- Manage job and activity schedules to promote optimal performance, maximum availability and minimize data latency and data load durations.
Bachelor's degree in related field and 7+ years related experience or equivalent experience and training in lieu of a degree.
- Expert in sizing, capacity planning, backup, and recovery planning with multi-terabyte data warehouse solutions in Oracle environments in Very Large-Scale Enterprise Class environments.
- Highly proficient in performance tuning MySQL/SQL Server/Oracle development skills, SQL Profiler, Performance Monitor and Explain Plan assessment, SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers, functions and transactions analysis, thorough understanding of indices and statistics (Query Optimizer) for Very Large-Scale databases.
- Develop scripts for the creation of the physical database schema(and), data security and protection, managing performance, performing backups/ restores, and archiving data.
- Install and configure Oracle for operation in multi-terabyte environments utilizing SAN storage systems.
- Ability to design, document and build physical database environments from table, column, index and view definitions to storage requirements and drive spacing and growth accommodations.
- Ability to manage, monitor and administer database and system performance.
- Ability to perform the optimization and tuning of data loads, extractions and recommending appropriate procedure, query or package changes and optimizations to ensure and improve system performance and reliability.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS methodologies and concepts, including and not limited to: ETL processes, Data migration.
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills, as well as strong written and oral communications skills and demonstrated ability to adjust to changing priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- RDBMS and business intelligence experience.
- Familiar with logical and design database development
- Familiar with Database Benchmarking Tools (e.g., Toad, DBArtisan Workbench, SQL Optimizer)
- Familiar with Database Benchmarking (Threshold Forecasting, Sizing, Capacity Planning, Trend/Predictive Analysis, Testing/Stressing, and recovery planning in Enterprise Class environments).
- Highly proficient in UNIX shell scripting, Oracle 10g, and 11g.
- High-level knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, UNIX, Solaris, and IBM-AIX)
- Ability to design and document data security and asset protection techniques that meet business requirements.
- Ability to work with ETL developers and the O&M team to identify, design and implement solutions for the purposes of reporting, decision support.
- Familiar with implementing COTS products into an Enterprise Database.
- Determine processes that should be developed/automated to improve efficiency and reliability.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Sep 21, 2012, 1:38:22 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 22 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...