Blackboard is helping education leaders enhance every aspect of the teaching and learning experience. Blackboard’s broad reach covers our traditional, market-leading e-Learning solutions, in addition to mass notification, campus security, and commerce. We are dedicated to fostering a culture of lifelong education and growth. Across courses, campuses, organizations, companies, government agencies, and communities, Blackboard is powering the educational age around the globe.
Universities, secondary schools and education publishers are among the clients that power their online learning initiatives with Blackboard’s Managed Hosting Services. The Blackboard Managed Hosting team hosts more than 650 learning institutions from around the world.
We are currently looking for a Program Manager at Blackboard Managed Hosting to work as a single point of oversight and escalation within Blackboard. The Program Manager would be responsible for a single Blackboard Managed Hosting client.
The Program Manager’s core responsibility will be to act as a single point of oversight over various projects and or service delivery efforts for that particular set of clients and point of escalation for any issues raised by these select clients. The oversight and coordination efforts will involve working within Blackboard among various cross-functional groups on various projects (such as upgrade preparations periods or key new customization deployment cycles) that includes Managed Hosting, Consulting, and Student Services.
The main responsibilities of the Program Manager are to:
This individual must possess extensive experience in managing key, strategic client accounts as an engagement or project / program managers. S/he must have experience coordinating a team with a diverse set of responsibilities not directly reporting to the individual and managing complex technology projects from a program level.
- Be a client-facing senior level representative of Blackboard to select clients, managing the client relationship at an overall client engagement and service delivery coordination level. And ensure seamless overall Blackboard successful service delivery experience for clients
- Act as single point of oversight to these clients, internally within Blackboard build an effective and scalable cross-functional (Managed Hosting, Consulting and Student Services, Support, Sales, Executives, etc.) client engagement model
- Be responsible for proactive planning, coordination and continual client engagement that would result in:
- seamless service delivery experience by the client
- improved and higher level of client satisfaction
- increased responsiveness from Blackboard
- improved management level communications between Blackboard and the client
- increased Managed Hosting system stability and successful project completions
- improved awareness by internal Blackboard sales and executive teams on the state of the projects and service delivery, challenges and issues, additional revenue opportunities and overall client engagement status per each of the select clients
- Facilitate higher level relationships with clients, including strategic planning discussions (e.g., Blackboard product roadmap conversations) with clients
- Lead an internal team of technologists to ensure on-time delivery of all hosted products and services, with strict adherence to SLAs
Key qualifications are:
- Must be based in Indianapolis, Indiana and work at the client location.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology or Engineering related area required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years of professional experience, with 4+ years as a leader in an ISP hosting services or consulting services team. Significant experience in external, high profile client-facing technical program management or project/client engagement role highly preferred
- 4+ years of experience in Project Management required
- PMP certification or equivalent preferred
- Experience managing clients in a hosted environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead a technical team and manage multiple resources in a high-interrupt environment
- Experience in: sales process, technology and operations risk management, team operations management and profitability management helpful.
- Proven ability to manage and provide leadership in operationally/technically challenging & crisis situations to get to a comprehensive resolution for large high value client relationships as reasonably as possible.
- Excellent communications, presentation, written and interpersonal skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment
- Extremely high energy and stamina to perform consistently and at a high level in a very demanding environment.
- Must be willing to travel with short notice for client meetings as required.
- Travel to the main Blackboard Office in Washington DC on quarterly basis .
Chalk up Blackboard's success to the Internet. Blackboard develops software that lets schools create Internet-based learning programs...