DIME analysts maintain the Kaiser Permanente Northwest Region's data marts and production reports. The department's Report Analyst III analyst plays a critical role the process, allowing experienced analysts to use his or her skills to influence the reporting strategy for a specific operational area of Kaiser Permanente. Will work collaboratively with business partners and other analysts to design and build the production reports necessary to answer the key business questions and achieve strategic goals. This involves defining business problems, creating report specifications, designing new reports, and using business intelligence systems to build reports. Analyze need, develop or streamline computer programs, and automate data collection and dissemination to ensure efficient, provision of timely, actionable and accurate executive, management and operational level information.
• Work closely with a variety of business units to understand and document the questions they seek to understand; propose reports that seek to answer the question and enable action to be taken by the business; and document reporting requirements.
• Responsible for the assessing new reporting needs to ensure non-redundant, reliable, accurate, and accurate information is provided.
• Conduct and continuously improve an ongoing program to ensure reliability, validity and integrity of the data used in management reporting and analysis. Write programs to routinely audit database reliability and validity.
• Contribute to the maintenance of thorough and accurate documentation for enduser information.
• Streamline production of management reports by writing or substantially revising programs deveoped to extract and produce necessary information.
• Edit, test, and put the programs into efficient production mode.
• Develops tracking tools to log errors, requests for modifications, reporting schedule and other related activities associated with regularly scheduled reporting.
• Ensure that copies of programming code are kept updated in shared directory.
• Business systems analyst duties, e.g., help define business rules applicable to the development and/or use of the application.
• Information analyst duties e.g. conduct analysis and make recommendations to business unit based on findings of analysis.
• Data analyst duties, e.g., help define business rules applicable to the development of the application.
• Perform other duties as requested.
• Five (5) years of reporting or analytical experience.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Expertise in multiple business units (service delivery, insurance, finance).
• Working knowledge of SQL and database design
• Thorough knowledge of Business Information tools such as Cognos, SAS or Busienss Objects.
• Excellent problem-solving, communication and time management skills.
• KPNW working experience, preferred.
• Additional years of work experience as a report analyst, preferred.
• Familiarity with healthcare/insurance business, preferred.
• Specific and broad knowledge of KPNW operations, KP applications, and KP HealthConnect, including Hyperspace, Clarity and Chronicles, preferred.
$77,220 - $105,780
Kaiser Permanente - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...