RN Nurse Manager for Nor-Lea Clinics - Nor-Lea Hospital District Clinics
DEPARTMENT: All Clinics
Among a clinical nurse managers primary duties are evaluating the performance of staff nurses, providing feedback and mentoring, developing education programs, contributing to staff professional development, interviewing and hiring nurses and medical staff, developing departmental budgets, and maintaining inventory of medicines, equipment and supplies. Clinical nurse managers may also speak on behalf of their nursing staff when upper management is making decisions that affect the nursing unit. In this situation, clinical nurse managers serve as a representative and promote the best interests of their staff and the patients that they care for.
Other duties of a clinical nurse manager include:
Provide leadership and guidance to other nurses
Ensure that staff is properly trained
Address any personnel issues to promote a productive and supportive work environment
Monitor patient care for quality
Collaborate with top management, interdisciplinary teams and other stakeholders in order to develop, implement and evaluate programs and services
Apply evidence-based healthcare practices and nursing standards
Review patient and staff data to measure the effectiveness of patient care
1. Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a minimum of an associates degree in nursing required.
2. Licensed in New Mexico as a Registered Nurse.
3. Strong experience in ambulatory family practice health care, program administration, clinical operations, and employee supervision.
4. Bilingual/Bicultural preferred.
5. Good communication and interpersonal skills, particularly with people from diverse cultures whose primary language is not English.
6. Experience with case management preferred.
7. Experience in diverse culture preferred.
1. Prior Work Experience: Two years of Licensed Vocational Nursing experience. One year of clinic or supervisory experience preferred.
2. Technical Training: Current CPR certification.
3. Physical and Mental Requirements: Duties of the position require extended periods of walking and standing. Some bending, stooping, twisting, reaching and lifting up to 50 pounds. Occasional heavy lifting when moving or supporting patients who may suddenly become weak or helpless. The ability to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Shift : Day
David Camp - HR Director
1600 N. Main
Lovington, NM 88260
Nor-Lea General Hospital Employment Center - 17 months ago