Farm Credit Services, based in Normal, Illinois, is the state’s largest agricultural lender. We are part of the nationwide Farm Credit System, a cooperatively-owned network that supplies credit and other services to farmers, agribusiness and other rural operations.
Our capital markets team currently manages a loan portfolio with $2 billion in commitments. We are primarily a "buy-side" shop, investing in syndicated or other multi-lender transactions with mid to large scale lead arrangers across the country, including but not limited to other Farm Credit System institutions. Our credit profile is focused in the senior leveraged market, and our hold positions range run to $50MM.
Farm Credit Services is seeking a Credit Officer to support the growth of our Capital Markets portfolio. This position is located in Naperville, Illinois.
Our Credit Officers support the achievement of profitability, growth and credit quality goals through the analysis of the current, historical, and projected financial condition/capacity of our largest and most complex borrowers. As a Credit Officer, you will prepare clear, substantive, credit reports for our credit committee. You will play an important role in our credit origination process. Our main focus is the food and agribusiness sectors, but knowledge of the power generation, telecommunications and other rural infrastructure sectors is a plus. Besides demonstrating excellent understanding of customer- and industry-specific risks and their mitigants, your responsibilities include:
- Providing independent review of available request data, including borrower-prepared financial models.
- Conducting industry research as needed.
- Understanding a borrower’s capital structure and the interplay of risk towards our hold position;
- Maintaining proficiency in our financial models, applications and methodologies.
- Generating and recommending risk ratings;
- Completing credit reports with minimal required revisions that produce positive feedback from credit committee;
- Presenting effective and clear oral support to credit committee supporting credit requests;
- Monitoring compliance with loan covenants
- Establishing and maintaining credibility with our credit committee, senior management, relationship managers and lending partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, agricultural economics or related field, with a minimum of 5-7 years experience in analyzing large and complex lending transactions;
- MBA preferred, but not required;
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a time sensitive environment with attention to detail;
- Advanced problem solving skills, have a strong ability to make sound decisions and maintain a high level of accuracy;
- Excellent speaking and writing skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Formal credit training is a plus.
- Ability to travel as the job requires, occasionally overnight
Farm Credit Services offers an excellent salary and benefit package. Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to:
No calls or walk ins please.
FCS is an equal opportunity employer.
Farm Credit Network - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard