The Cincinnati Insurance Company, a subsidiary of Cincinnati Financial Corporation, stands among the nation’s top 25 property casualty insurer groups, based on direct written premiums. Our commitment to the independent agency system began in 1950 and is our company’s core strength and competitive advantage. We excel by offering agents and policyholders a local presence, unparalleled claims service, loss control consultation services, work-saving technology initiatives, and competitive products, rates and compensation.
We have an opening for an excess and surplus lines underwriting assistant in CSU Producer Resources, Inc. An underwriting assistant supports underwriters with all aspects r elating to new, renewal and post-issue transactions. Qualified candidates have a proven track record of performance with a willingness to work hard and learn in a dynamic environment.
- enter technical data into the policy administration system
- assist underwriters with information and workflow that includes providing email and telephone backup support
- follow up with agents by telephone and email to ensure outstanding underwriting and compliance information
- order underwriting reports
- college degree preferred but not required
- INS certification a plus (completion required within 3 years of start date in
C-SUPR if selected for the position)
- excellent interpersonal communication skills
- ability to prioritize and organize work
- ability to apply common sense in carrying out instructions furnished in written, verbal or diagram form
- proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook a plus, although training is available
- detail oriented
- proven willingness to work and learn with a sense of urgency as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- creative thinking and problem solving skills
- ability to think quickly and effectively
- self-directed and highly productive with light supervision
- comfortable with high volume workloads and production standards
Knowledge of commercial insurance and the ratings process is helpful, but not required.
Selected associates receive a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including a matching 401(k). Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ability to navigate Web-based applications
- willing to complete Web-based research as needed
- completion of the ASLI designation is required upon completion of INS certification
The Cincinnati Insurance Companies - 22 months ago