Accretive Technology Group is a leader in building web based video chat systems. We connect millions of people around the world requiring 24/7 uptime. We are located in downtown Seattle and have been in business for 14 years, have over 130 employees and need to add more employees to help us grow and improve our services.
We are looking for an intermediate MySQL Database Administrator who can maintain and tune our production database environment.
- Monitor and performance-tune production database systems
- Ensure maintenance, system integrity, capacity, scalability and space requirements for database environments are met
- Facilitate transition from an existing MySQL infrastructure to MySQL Cluster
- Manages the overall operation of the database uptime
- Performs analysis of database version upgrades to determine applicability for system upgrades
- Works with Development group to understand impacts version upgrades may have on application/services
- Maintains DB backups
- Recovers from DB crashes or data corruption
- Works with developers to reconcile data (determine if data is missing or inaccurate)
- Collaborate directly with developers to review database designs, indexes and queries and provide guidance for optimal performance
- Evaluate, review and execute DDL and DML statements in the production environment
Nice to have
- Must be a local candidate
- 4+ years of experience with databases in a production environment
- Previous experience with high transaction and 50+ database server environments
- Knowledge of various database replication and clustering methods
- Expert knowledge of MySQL 5.1+ and the MyISAM and InnoDB storage engines
- Experience in database backup, restore and disaster recovery procedures
- Experience with analyzing and tuning databases for performance and efficiency
- Skills in at least one of the following: Shell Scripting, Perl or PHP
- Expert troubleshooting skills and abilities
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with engineering teams
Accretive Technology Group is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary, 100% employer paid medical, vision and dental insurance, 401k with 50% match, free transportation passes/subsidized parking and a profit sharing program. Addtional perks include: catered lunches, bagel/fruit Fridays, free coffee, tea, monthly team events and company paid events like trips to Europe, Brazil, Tahiti, Disneyland, cruises, paintball, family picnics, holiday dinners/parties and more.
- Experience with multiple database platforms
- MySQL DBA, MySQL Developer and MySQL Cluster Certifications
- Knowledge of and/or previous experience with Linux or UNIX
Apply today and join our team.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and optional cover letter via Resumator.
Accretive Technology Group - 10 months ago