The Operations Analyst will perform a variety of back office tasks that support branch and deposit operations, item processing, risk management and compliance functions. In this systems-centric role, you will interface with multiple systems including the core banking system, the Federal Reserve Bank, online banking systems and other payment, deposit and card systems. Candidates should be self-starters able to multi-task while maintaining high quality standards in attention to detail in a deadline driven environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Document processes and identify process improvements to streamline workflow.
- Interface with the multiple systems including: core banking system, wire system, ACH system, Federal Reserve Bank, correspondent bank, online banking systems, card systems.
- Conduct risk management activities through daily reviews, logs, reports and callbacks of various operations activities to mitigate risk and maintain transparency/oversight of deposit operations.
- Produce a variety of ad hoc reports based on variable criteria in multiple formats to identify clients, services in use, etc.
- Maintain compliance standards daily and prepare for and participate in multiple audits, both internal and external, annually.
- Assist in the maintenance of departmental physical and electronic records.
- Provide task support in wire transfers, ACH, debit card, stop pays, transfers, adjustments, balancing, returned items, and overdrafts among other operational activities.
- High school education required, Bachelors degree or some college preferred.
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, 10-key.
- Ability to work in US without sponsorship.
- Ability to pass thorough background check.
- 3 years deposit operations or other back office banking experience.
- General bank operations background including report processing, item processing and proper daily workflow.
- Technological competencies to understand, operate and explain the bank's products, operating systems and support programs.
- Ability to use written and verbal communication effectively with clients and staff.
- Understand an implement the bank's compliance and audit procedures.
Bank of Manhattan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Detail oriented, extremely organized and thorough.
- Manage time effectively and work well under pressure to complete tasks on deadline.
- Follow instructions, policies and procedures and reliably review and correct own work.
- Team player willing and able to collaborate with associates at all levels.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and projects at once.
- Self starter able to work well independently with minimal supervision.
- Analytical thinker adept in technical aspects, systems and processes.
- Critical thinker who can identify process improvement opportunities.
Monster - 2 years ago