One hundred years ago, the American Cancer Society began the fight of a lifetime – the fight against cancer. After 100 years of saving lives and creating more birthdays, we’re leading the way in working tirelessly to transform cancer from deadly to treatable and from treatable to preventable. We want to finish the fight against Cancer. In fact, we’ve never been more ready to put the American Cancer Society out of business.
That’s why we’re embarking on our most ambitious undertaking yet. Each year, we help cancer patients everywhere get the help they need when they need it.
As the largest voluntary health organization, the American Cancer Society is passionately committed to saving lives from cancer. We are working to create a world with less cancer and more birthdays – a world where cancer never steals another year from anyone’s life. The ACS combines relentless passion with the wisdom of nearly a century of experience to make this vision a reality, and they get results. The ACS saves lives by helping people stay well, helping people get well, by finding cures, and fighting back. Thanks in part to this work; nearly 12 million cancer survivors and countless others who have avoided the disease will celebrate a birthday this year.
As the official sponsor of birthdays, we know how important each and every birthday is!
Support assigned team of Representatives in execution of their events. Provide operations and logistics support for Mission Support and Mission Delivery activities.
• Provide operations and logistics support for Mission Support and Mission Delivery activities.
o Update online sites for events, including support for ACS online networking pages.
o Coordinate logistics for events, regional galas and/or regional academies
o Attend external Mission Support & Mission Delivery events as directed to provide onsite logistics / operations support such as registration, packing supplies for the event, managing day-of event volunteer roles /activities, etc).
o Complete meeting and event preparatory work (e.g. preparing meeting materials, binders, name tags; ordering food, preparing and sending invitations, tracking RSVPs, securing venue, etc.)
o Attend committee and team captain meetings as needed.
o Coordinate material / supplies ordering for Mission Support & Mission Delivery assigned events/activities
o Prepare and send correspondence, such as thank you notes, to external constituents
o Support the CRM data process: ensure that quality assurance practices are active, and be able to support regional project management by knowing the different types of Siebel reports available, and what information each type of report conveys. Recommend and run reports as needed.
• Recruit and support volunteers engaged in various Mission Support & Mission Delivery activities. This includes, but is not limited to volunteer support for Relay For Life, DetermiNation, Walk & Roll and MSABC
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
• Excellent project management, communication, collaboration and team participation skills. Able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong follow-up skills.
• Professional demeanor and ability to build good rapport with staff members.
• Remains composed under stress and takes personal responsibility for delivering on personal and organizational commitments.
• Able to meet deadlines timely and independently.
• Able to coordinate and arrange all aspects of meeting planning efficiently and timely.
• Able to navigate multiple resources within a complex organization
• Able to travel within assigned territory.
• Must be able to attend evening and weekend committee meetings, events and programs as assigned.
• Computer competence, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, data management, Lotus Notes. Strong skill in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Computer competence, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, data management, Lotus Notes. Strong skill in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Occasional evenings, Saturday meetings, and overnight events on weekends.
Staff have a unique opportunity to save lives through direct mission impact while fulfilling personal and career objectives. The American Cancer Society values accountability and high performance and rewards those teams and team members who continually improve their capability and contribution. The American Cancer Society is also dedicated to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce to help achieve our mission.
Save Lives. Fulfill Yours.
ACS is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBT community, veterans, and people with disabilities.
American Cancer Society - 18 months ago
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major...