This job is responsible for performing administrative support functions associated with the distribution and sales of durable medical equipment (DME) for facilities and retail pharmacy stores.
- Dispensing products to patients as determined by the healthcare provider.
- Instructing patients on the proper use of DME products.
- Explaining insurance and reimbursement criteria.
- Maintaining appropriate records and documentation.
- Troubleshooting equipment and/or delivery problems.
- Assists customers in meeting their specific DME needs (e.g. wheelchairs, scooters, walkers, seat lift mechanisms, traction equipment, beds, prosthetics/orthotics, home oxygen equipment, sleep therapy supplies, diabetic/wound care/lymphoma supplies, etc.) as determined by the healthcare provider; measures and fits patients for products (e.g. compression hosiery, lymphoedema garments, etc.) as necessary.
- Obtains and updates applicable data in appropriate information system(s); explains insurance eligibility and reimbursement criteria to patients and/or family members; determines patient benefits and eligibility criteria for products dispensed to ensure patient fully understands whether insurance coverage is available.
- Provides routine instructions to educate patients and/or families on the proper use of products in order to facilitate safe and effective equipment use and desired care, treatment and service outcomes; may follow up to ensure equipment is working properly.
- Prepares and maintains proper documentation for all activities in accordance with established procedures; records transactions; obtains necessary signatures from patients and providers in accordance with billing and compliance guidelines; researches and resolves routine billing issues within defined scope of responsibility.
- Participates in inventory control and ordering activities; assists in receiving and stocking inventory; sets up product displays and places products on shelves; receives, reconciles and processes invoices from vendors.
- Receives and responds to customer complaints regarding delivery problems and/or product malfunctions; makes arrangements for product replacement or repair.
- Collects payment from customers for products that are not eligible for reimbursement; reconciles cash sales and deposits funds.
- May communicate with nursing services, medical staff, critical care and surgical areas to assure that supplies, materials and equipment are available; may deliver, or arrange delivery of, DME products to hospital departments as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two years of related work experience (preferably in home medical sales or equivalent) that would demonstrate possession of the required job knowledge/skills.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.CB\
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Administrative and Clerical
WA-Tacoma-Sjmc-Jack Frost Warehouse
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...