Perform detailed software development work in the areas of programming and testing of a software project.
Follow applicable customer, military, and company standards and requirements during development activities.
Apply knowledge and principles of software engineering and programming to product development and product support.
Implement the design of a software component (module) via coding, testing, and integration.
Perform detailed design of computer software components.
Design and implement small software programs (i.e. 1-10 components).
Assist in writing requirements specifications, design, and test documents.
Perform and assist hardware and software integration tasks.
Consult with hardware engineers to evaluate interfaces between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
Support design reviews, program reviews, and other presentations to the customer.
Perform other work related tasks or assignments as directed by supervisor.
Assure safety and health practices are observed in all operations.
EDUCATION REQUIRED: BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and/or Electrical Engineering.
SPECIAL SKILLS PREFERRED:
1. Knowledge of software engineering and programming principles and practices.
2. Knowledge of DOD-STD software development requirements.
3. Good problem solving skills.
4. Good communication skills.
5. Good PC skills including the use of productivity tools (i.e. MS Word, MS Project, CASE tools, etc.)
1. Experience with embedded systems.
2. Experience with C/C++ required.
3. Experience with ADA programming language.
4. Experience with assembly language.
5. Experience with Object Oriented Design/Object Oriented Programming.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (with or without accommodation):
1. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
2. Ability to read and write effectively in English.
Must be able to work within the shift hours of 7:00am – 5:00pm.Must be able to work well with co-workers. Must be able to work under supervision. With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & Pre-approved paid time off (PTO), attendance is considered essential.
From: Kratos Defense