Oversee all programs, activities and personnel in the School of Professional and Continuing Studies.
Position Summary Information
Dean College invites applications for the Dean of the School of Professional and Continuing Studies position. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Enrollment Services and Marketing, the Dean is responsible for the oversight of all programs, activities and personnel in SPCS part-time undergraduate education, special sessions, summer session, FutureWorks, corporate contract training, and non-credit professional continuing education. The Dean oversees new curriculum/program development efforts, faculty and training consultant recruitment, marketing and enrollment strategies and internal policies and procedures. Incumbent plans, develops, and manages SPCS budget. The Dean is also a member of College-wide committees and task forces.
The position duties include but are not limited to:
1. Leadership and management of SPCS , including strategic planning efforts.
2. Responsible for SPCS curriculum and program development efforts.
3. Develop annual SPCS budget and enrollment management projections. Develop financial management systems and reports.
4. Develop marketing strategies and oversee all marketing, outreach and enrollment management initiatives and projects.
5. Development, implementation and management of successful strategic academic and corporate partnerships.
6. Develop corporate contacts and partnerships. Develop proposals and oversees delivery of corporate contract training programs.
7. Serve on regional boards in support of corporate outreach, partnership and institutional advancement initiatives.
8. Other duties as assigned by Vice President.
A Master’s degree is required. 5 -8 years experience in continuing higher education, in both degree and non-credit programming. Proven skills in program development and evaluation, faculty recruitment, budget and financial management, strategic planning, and community/corporate outreach. Prior experience in development/corporate relations desired. Ability to work independently and follow through with assignments. Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Ability to work well with a diverse population including students, parents, faculty and staff. Microsoft Windows application skills.
Unique Physical Demands
Management and Supervisory Responsibilities
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit your cover letter, resume and contact information of three references.
Dean College - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard