BS&R Job Posting
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Position: Associate Examiner - Consumer Compliance Grade: 9-11
Location: San Francisco
Posting Date Range: October 12 - October 29, 2012
Requisition #: 229009
Summary of the Job:
An excellent opportunity exists for an associate examiner in the Consumer Affairs unit of the Examinations Group. Consumer Compliance examiners help promote market efficiency and fairness in consumer financial services. They conduct examinations of state member banks that enforce federal consumer protection laws and regulations and promote access to banking services in historically underserved markets. Key Responsibilities:
Associate Examiners work in teams to complete on-site consumer compliance and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) examinations under the direction of an Examiner-in-Charge. Associate Examiners are provided developmental assignments through on-the-job training, self-study and formal classroom training with the ultimate goal of becoming a Commissioned Examiner, one who is authorized to serve as Examiner-in-Charge. Specific duties of a compliance examiner are:
- Transaction testing of loan and deposit accounts
- Analysis of fair lending practices
- Evaluation of CRA compliance
- Evaluation of audit, training and compliance management
- Writing findings and reports of examination
- Planning and scoping assignments
Candidates for the position must have demonstrated strong performance in core technical and behavioral competencies. Critical behavioral competencies include but are not limited to: * Good Judgment - The ability to see order in a variety of factors and use process of reason to develop an appropriate course of action.
- An applicant for employment must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or hold a permanent resident/green card with intent to become a U.S. Citizen.
- Bachelor's degree (advanced degree a plus)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A understanding of business risks and banking principles
- Intermediate computer skills, including a strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be willing to travel approximately 70% Behavioral Competencies
What sets the Bank apart from competitors is a competitive salary and benefits package that includes: medical, dental, and vision; retirement plan and employee matched thrift plan (401K); supplemental travel bonus; tuition assistance; fitness center; etc. The department also offers a flex time schedule, which allows employees to work a 9/80 work week, so employees have every other Friday off. The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our people proudly reflect the diversity and the ideas of the community we serve.
- Conceptual Thinking - The ability to identify when a current situation is similar to a past situation or to identify connections among situations that are not obviously related, and use that recognition to address the situation at hand.
- Teamwork - The ability to work cooperatively with others, to be an integral member of a team and to energize and excite team members toward common goals.
- Flexibility - The ability to change and adapt in response to situations as they develop. It includes being comfortable changing course, making decisions, or taking action in an increasingly uncertain environment.
- Confidence - The ability to select an effective approach to a situation. This involves being comfortable expressing opinions and asking questions when in an unfamiliar situation. Distinctive Advantages of Working for the Federal Reserve Bank:
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco provides wholesale banking services to financial institutions in the nine western states through...