This position reports directly to the Pipe Foreman responsible for the assigned scope of work. The Pipe Fitter lays out, positions, aligns and fits together pipe, fittings, flanges or structural iron preparatory to welding, and installs the finished subsystems. Applicants must be skilled in all phases of piping and structural steel fabrication. Must demonstrate the ability to plan, schedule and execute work in a safe and cost effective manner. Employee must be able to interpret advanced isometric drawings, plan drawings, P&IDs, line specifications and welding procedures. Must demonstrate the ability to accurately field measure, fabricate, install and hydro test complex piping systems. Fabrication skills must include ability to calculate offsets, skews and complex elevation changes using advanced math and triangulation methods. Must demonstrate the ability to calculate major rigging loads, centers of gravity and select proper rigging to perform the task in a safe and cost effective manner. Employee will be required to plan, stage material, tools, rigging and equipment and execute complex jobs. Must have the ability to field measure, fabricate, install, and hydro test piping systems including offsets.
· Review blueprints, schematic drawings, and job specifications to determine work requirements.
· Prepare material take offs based on isometric and orthographic drawings.
· Construct and modify piping systems and process equipment.
· Measure pipe routing and draft pipe configuration.
· Dismantle, straighten, reshape, and reassemble parts using cutting torches, straightening presses, and hand tools.
· Position, align, and weld pipes in compliance with applicable codes and standards.
· Bolt, clamp, and tack-weld components to secure the pipe in position for welding.
· Maintain precise red-line drawings, as-built drawings, and record materials used.
· Prepare reports and conduct inspections as required.
· Supervise and coordinate the work of apprentice welders and other crew members.
· Comply with Company and customer policies and procedures.
· Support AES zero-incident safety culture and assume personal accountability and responsibility for safe work practices in all projects, activities, and operations.
Minimum Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED with a minimum of four years related training and experience preferred. Experience in the oil and gas industry preferred.
Certifications in Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) and Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW) are preferred.
All applicants must meet the following AES Driver Licenses and Records policy.
ASRC Energy Services - 10 months ago
Alaska's slippery slopes have led to financial success for ASRC Energy Services. A subsidiary of Arctic Slope Regional Corp., ASRC...