Primarily responsible for managing critical databases of CGTS product offerings. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Work Location: Santa Clara, CA or Panama City, FL
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Design and implement database schemas and manages database releases on test and production servers
- Define and implement large high performance and high availability secure database solutions
- Set up and support MySQL replication servers Perform database load testing and benchmarking
- Measure and analyze database performance and implement changes to improve performance
- Prepare and support database queries and reporting requirements
- Prepare technical documentation for end user training
- Participate in software development projects as required
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS :
Four-year college degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar technical degree plus five years experience as a MySQL Database Administrator. MySQL and Linux experience is required, as well as experience supporting database intensive web-based, distributed applications. Also requires experience in multi-threading applications on a multi-core architecture. Hands on experience with Web technologies, Rich internet Applications, J2EE application architectures, RDBMS design, XML, XSD, and related technologies. Strong interpersonal, organization, and analytical skills. Experience in GIS and Mapping tools, RDBMS (MySQL and/or Oracle) administration, performance tuning and load testing skills; Linux High Availability Clusters, and J2EE applications is desired. Familiarity with DOD Information Assurance policies and Database Checklists is also desired. Must be a U.S. Citizen able to obtain security clearance.
Cubic Corporation - 2 years ago
Who We Are
Cubic is a diversified systems and services company in transportation and defense markets worldwide. We are a leading technology...