Job Title: Director, Project Delivery
Job ID: 18297
Location: Lafayette,CO, US
Line of Business: Epsilon
About the Opportunity
The Director, Project Delivery reports to the VP of Project Delivery and works closely with the client relationship and account managers, the client brand team and agency partners to understand consumer marketing tactics, business rules for campaigns and timelines for execution. As a key member of the project team, the Project Director is responsible for transforming high-level client requirements into detailed technical designs and supporting the resulting solution. This role serves as the primary liaison between client staff and internal Epsilon technical delivery teams to translate marketing program business rules into the operational specs and project tasks to set up campaigns and reports, and to identify any new data implications to support the marketing program.
* Works to discover, analyze and document client business requirements, and translating those needs into system and process solution designs.
* Designs and manages integration test cycles for new system enhancements including the creation of detailed test plans, test data sets, and documentation of test case results.
* Develops quality assurance methodologies, prepares campaign and reporting documentation, leads the client in user acceptance testing, identifies and researches data discrepancies, and escalates issues to other team members where necessary.
* Coordinates closely with internal production teams and external client teams to develop and document operational processes and change management plans during roll-out of system enhancements and, when needed, implements any new data management processes, new vendor feeds or new survey data.
* Thoroughly understands the marketing database data model, specifically those tables/attributes that support marketing program execution and measurement for the brand.
* Interfaces directly with clients to assess ongoing business needs and translate those needs into systems requirements.
* Ensures high client satisfaction with change management planning, communication, execution, and service.
* Transitions final deliverables to the technical implementation team, ensuring they fully understand client requirements and details of the design and plan.
* Identifies, tracks and resolves project issues and risks.
* Employs consulting and systems development methodologies to guide daily activities.
* Provides one-on-one and classroom-based training on key solution components and processes.
* Shares knowledge with peers and other project teams.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing disciplines or equivalent experience is required.
* Minimum of 7-10 years of business analysis experience around database marketing technologies and data management, and technical understanding in these areas.
* Attention to detail, strong listening skills, and good verbal and written communications are required. Strong client and project management skills are required. Client management responsibilities may include leading weekly marketing operations calls with client, data vendors, and agencies.
* The ability to define, manage and track project tasks and scope definition is critical.
* Must be able to proactively identify and communicate project related risks and possible solutions to account management and managing client expectations.
* Handles any size projects with little to no assistance.
* Strong knowledge of multi-channel marketing concepts and best practices.
* Experience in database marketing and/or data management solutions.
* Strong knowledge of database marketing automation technologies (e.g. SAS Campaign, Alterian, Unica).
* Strong experience with business intelligence technologies (e.g. Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Alterian, Cognos).
* Expert SQL skills.
* Develops test plans independently.
* Takes on new tasks with minimal instruction and works well in a team environment.
* Ability and willingness to travel.
* Ability to solve problems on the fly and work in a fast-paced, high traffic environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Alliance Data and Epsilon offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background checks.
Epsilon is the industry's leading marketing services firm, with a broad array of data-driven, multichannel marketing solutions that leverage consumer insight to help brands deepen their relationships with customers. Services include strategic consulting, acquisition and customer database technologies, loyalty management, proprietary data, predictive modeling and a full range of direct and digital agency services, including creative, interactive web design, email deployment, search engine optimization and direct mail production. In addition, Epsilon is the world's largest permission-based email marketer. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Epsilon is an all-encompassing global marketing company, a leader in creating connections between people and brands. We find, acquire and...