Dartmouth College is looking for an Instructional Designer, to join its growing Educational Technologies Group. We are looking for a self-motivated peer, with a keen interest in technology, pedagogy, and teaching and learning methodologies. Experience in course design and course development and instructional technology are required. This position provides leadership and support for the development of innovative and effective teaching and learning practices using information technology; planning and project management for the introduction of new learning technologies to the Dartmouth Community; and ongoing faculty support services.
This position is located on the campus of Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH.
You’ll work well with our team if you have: a genuine and enthusiastic interest in helping faculty and students; superior oral and written communication skills; the desire to work collaboratively in a team environment; and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
Qualified candidates must have or demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional technology or instructional design; Graduate degree in relevant discipline with course work in instructional technology or instructional design highly desirable.
- Four years of experience in higher education supporting learning technology, multimedia projects, a course management application, or equivalent.
- Two years of experience designing and delivering workshops on curricular technology and practices.
- Ability to convey complex technical information to non- technical users, and experience in making presentations to professional peers.
- Experience with learning management systems.
- Skills with web technologies such as HTML, XHTML, and CSS a plus.
- Extensive and successful record of working with faculty and students in higher education on academic technology projects.
Dartmouth is an Ivy-League institution that offers competitive compensation and benefits along with the opportunity to live in a region that offers year-round recreational activities and that is located near major cities such as Boston, Montreal, and New York.
For additional details and to access the full position description, go to http://www.dartmouth.edu/~hrs/descriptions/1011315.pdf.
You may apply online at http://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu position #1011315.
Some relocation expenses supported
Review of applications will begin on October 31, and continue until the position is filled.
Dartmouth College conducts background checks.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that has a strong commitment to diversity. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.