Position No.: 141005
Applications are invited for the position of Director of the President's Emerging Leaders Program at Austin Peay State University. The Director of the President's Emerging Leaders Program will direct the development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of programs, services and policies designed to increase student recruitment, retention and progress towards graduation through the PELP program. The Director will also act as the institution's main advisor for applicants to nationally competitive, merit-based scholarships. This position reports to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and education.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Direct the development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of the program.
- Act as the institution's main advisor for applicants to college-level students with applications for an array of nationally competitive, merit-based scholarships.
- Work together with Admissions, Student Financial Aid & Veterans Affairs, Office of the Registrar, First Year Programs, Academic Support Services, and Career Planning & Placement to ensure that students are effectively admitted and retained in the program.
- Coordinate educational programs and campus events that promote the President's Emerging Leaders Program.
- Manage and direct academic monitoring and tracking of students, to include, but not limited to academic progress, grade checks, etc.
- Manage the financial resources of the President's Emerging Leaders Program.
- Research and prepare reports for projects related to PELP student success and present reports to the campus community.
- Direct the maintenance of databases of student information, program participation, and student progress.
- Serve on appropriate college-wide, system-wide, or ad hoc committees as directed to address retention and graduation issues.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to provide effective leadership of the President's Emerging Leaders Program.
- Ability to effectively assist students in making successful academic and social progress toward graduation.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other departments and programs on campus.
- Ability to effectively prepare and inform campus community of program success.
- Ability to effectively analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and associated software.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports.
- Must have excellent people skills to be able to work with a diverse university community and non-university community.
- Must have strong planning and organizational skills.
Each applicant must include the names and contact information for three references with their application materials. If you would like to additionally attach Letters of Recommendation to your online application, letters must be dated one year or less from the date of your application. You may attach your letters of recommendation in the "Optional Documents" section under the "Letter of Reference" tab.
- The candidate should hold a terminal degree and be eligible for a tenure track appointment in one of the university's academic departments.
- The candidate should demonstrate excellence in and commitment to teaching and scholarly and/or creative activities.
- The candidate should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A background check will be required of the successful applicant.
If granted an interview, unofficial transcripts will be required of applicants and official transcripts will be required of the selected candidate before the candidate will be offered a position. So as to not delay the interview process for this position, it is highly recommended that you attach unofficial transcripts in PDF format to your online application in the "Optional Documents" section under the "Unofficial Transcript" tab before finalizing and submitting your application.
You will not be able to attach your research plan, letters of recommendation, unofficial transcripts or any other supplemental document(s) nor modify your application after it has been submitted.
Applicant review will continue until the position is filled.
Please refer all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications taken online only at https://jobs.tbr.edu
LiberalArtsFacultyJobs.com - 3 years ago