Job Title: Systems Analyst IV - Property Services
Job ID: 33608
Business Unit: FACSV
Full/Part Time: Full-Time (40 hours)
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field; 5 years related experience.
To provide high level analysis of institutional activities, inter-departmental relationships, workflows, procedures, and existing technology; and recommend ways to improve productivity, reduce costs, and enhance revenue and effectiveness of overall operations through automated solutions.
From $80,560 To $104,000 Annually
This position is a Band Code: CS24.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Coordinates product evaluations by consulting with departments to identify current procedures, and by prioritizing system requirements.
- Evaluates vendor solutions.
- Prepares cost/benefit analysis.
- Coordinates written recommendation of solutions.
- Develops operational and functional models.
- Acts as liaison with data processing personnel during analysis, design, and implementation of automated systems.
- Evaluates, compares, forecasts, and develops proposals for change based upon current and near future technologies.
- Maintains industry and professional organizational standards.
- Independently solves complex technical issues.
- Focuses on the whole system/application and integration of systems.
- Recommends ways to improve productivity, reduce costs, and maximize effectiveness of overall operations through automated solutions based on customer/user needs.
- Provides technical guidance, consulting, advice and support on application of technologies to improve vital business processes or eliminates extraneous ones, as well as support implementation and maintenance of information systems.
- Demonstrates highly technical and specialized systems knowledge to include programming, analyzing, and understanding systems to enhance and correct problems.
- Focuses on functionality and integration of entire systems.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Participate in disaster/hurricane preparedness list i.e. E1A (Ride out team) or E1B (Recovery team).
- In addition to regular shift, provides support/response to the institution that operates 24 hours a day seven days a week.
- Performs related duties as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Experience with Computer Aided Facility Management (CAFM) programs
- Experience with IBM Maximo
- Experience managing IT projects (requirements, test scripts, integration testing, release management, configuration management, training manuals, etc.)
- Experience with SQL databases and application server maintenance
- Experience with BIRT report writer
- Basic understanding of facility maintenance operations (work order management)
- Experience creating and managing dashboards for data related to business operations
- Experience with documentation management systems
- Experience with Other Database Connectivity (ODBC) and other systems integration methods
- Computer aided Design (CAD) and Building Information Management (BIM) experience is a plus
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The University of Texas Medical Branch
- 2 years ago - save job