The HR Consultant is responsible for providing consultation and guidance related to HR policies and processes for Duke Energy’s Robinson Nuclear Plant. This position is the initial point of contact for HR-related requests and will guide employees and managers to the appropriate resources for resolution. The HR Consultant will advise managers regarding the execution of broad based HR services and programs.
The HR Consultant proactively manages employee relations needs to support an environment of integrity, respect, collaboration and effective communications, while ensuring adherence to State and Federal laws as well as company policies as it relates to employment. The HR Consultant will anticipate employee related situations and provide counsel to resolve through open communications. This position will investigate employee concerns and implement appropriate resolution steps.
The HR Consultant actively participates in plant and HR initiatives.
• Four-year degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience.
• 2-6 years of increasingly diverse or complex work experience in Human Resources.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to deal effectively with all levels of employees and management.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Master’s Degree in Human Resources
• PHR Certification
• Experience working in Human Resources in a plant or manufacturing environment
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills required to analyze concerns/issues, develop logical conclusions and make appropriate recommendations
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and work independently
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, using clear and concise information, appropriate grammar and speech
• Effective interpersonal and human relations skills, e.g. influencing and listening skills to deal effectively with all levels of employees and management
• Previous nuclear related experience
Duke Energy - 6 months ago
Duke Energy Carolinas (formerly Duke Power) energizes the Carolinas as well as its parent company's sales. A part of top US power firm...