Our Honolulu office is currently seeking a Principal Engineer/Senior Project Manager with experience in project management and engineering pertaining to federal, municipal and industrial facility design (site and utilities layout, permitting) for the water industry (potable water, surface water, and wastewater).
Typical Project Areas Include:
Candidate will utilize consulting expertise to manage and execute work on projects and to help ensure successful client relationships. In addition, the candidate will participate in pursuit of business development opportunities. The candidate will also work closely with strong technical experts and other leaders in the Pacific Area and Western Region.
- Site and facility design
- Utilities system assessments and design
- Engineering studies
- Process design and optimization
This person will provide support on a variety of engineering projects including water, wastewater, stormwater, solid waste, and infrastructure design projects. Specific duties may include the following:
- Manage and execute work on water and wastewater utilities including distribution, collection, pumping and transmission, storage, treatment, and facility planning and design.
- Lead project team in planning and/or designing major engineering projects, and coordinating special planning, economic, and engineering studies.
- Develop construction contract documents, and manage construction support activities.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with regulatory agencies.
- Have a working knowledge of project funding and implementation requirements.
- Provide consultation in specialized areas related to efficient design management for facility planning and design. Make decisions and solve problems.
- Participate in improving company resources and tools to improve design production and efficiency.
- Prepare and make presentations to clients and for professional meetings.
- Direct the work of drafters and designers, coordinate with other disciplines.
- Supervise, delegate and oversee the work of technical staff and engineers.
- Assist with and lead business development pursuits.
- Coach and mentor staff engineers and designers.
- B.S. degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering; M.S. degree is a plus
- Professional Engineering license in the State of Hawaii is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in municipal engineering and consulting preferred; minimum 5 years of project management experience.
- Experience should include: design and construction of site infrastructure, plant facilities, pumping stations, pipelines, and engineered systems. DoD experience is a plus.
- Strong project management skills desired; PMP certification is a plus.
- Successful marketing, proposal writing, proposal management, and public presentations experience is a plus.
Brown and Caldwell - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Brown and Caldwell is headed straight to the gutter -- to clean it up. The employee-owned firm provides environmental consulting and...