Title: Java/J2EE Reports Developer
The Java/J2EE Reports Developer with JasperSoft experience is the second level in the Software Development Career Path. Incumbent in this position works as part of a project team to develop and deliver commercial software products for external use. Incumbent has well rounded knowledge and experience in IT and strong knowledge of one or more technologies such as Jasper Studio, Eclipse IDE and Web Services. Incumbent has knowledge across a spectrum of programming languages and techniques and applies both existing and new technologies in developing solutions.
Specific Job Duties:
- Analyzing reporting problems to develop quality designs for reports.
- Produce documentation of Reports and the development process as needed to support the system.
- Strong report layout and presentation skills.
- Produce documentation of reports and the development process as needed to support the system.
- Support and maintenance of Jasper Reports Server as needed.
- Deep understanding of report server integration with web application.
- Work with client representatives on defining report requirements.
- Define and develop reporting solutions per study requirements.
- Define and develop standard productized reports.
- Experience handling and producing different file formats: CSV, XML, HTML and PDF among others.
- Experience in working with very high volumes of data.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline.
- 6+ years experience in a corporate Java/J2EE software product development environment.
- 4+ years of experience using Jasper reporting tools.
- 4+ years of professional report development experience.
- Jasper Studio (experience in developing complex report using jasper libraries and eclipse IDE).
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in system analysis, design, development, and implementation of web based applications within an MVC architecture.
- Experience with common Java application development related technologies - Servlets, XML,JSP, HTML, XHTML, DHTML, CSS, Java script, TestNG or JUnit
- Preferred experience with Spring DAO, Security, IOC, AOP and MVC.
- Knowledge of common software design patterns.
- Experience with SOAP or Restful web services.
- Experience with Oracle database.
- Preferred to have Weblogic Application server experience.
- Preferred to have UNIX and Linux knowledge.
- Preferred to have experience with Agile/scrum development.
- Core Java (JDBC, I/O, threading, etc.)
- Understanding of J2EE technologies
- Solid SQL knowledge
- JDBC or Other Database Interface Experience
- RDBMS (Oracle and/or SQL Server and/or PostgreSQL)
- Full SDLC experience
- XML and working with XML parsers
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with version control, unit testing, automated builds, and continuous integration
- Highly analytic with the ability to view projects at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Integrity of the highest standard.
- Ability to take initiative and accountability for results.
- High-level of adaptability and self-motivation.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies.
- Knowledge of Department of Defense procedures and processes is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to configure and maintain an Oracle database in support of hazardous material management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to consult with staff to determine business requirements, functional requirements and input/output requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to define systems architectures and hardware and software requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to define and document system requirements for logical processes, interfaces with other systems, auditing and reporting requirements and production configuration using common documentation tools such as Visio, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrated ability to define technical requirements and technical quality assurance requirements.
- Maintains current documentation on all specifications; Ability to develop test plans, test data sets and analysis of system performance.
- Experience with formal, structured, application development processes including the use of project management documentation, source control software for document and application management.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, business partners and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a product delivery team, document work for maintenance in a production environment, create task lists, timelines and deliverables, work to meet project schedules determined by others.
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to develop systematic testing plans for problem resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to work to short timelines, to consistently meet routine deadlines and work as required resolving problems in order to meet deadlines, which may be impacted by unforeseen problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a calm and professional manner in stressful situations.
Travel: 20 percent travel may be required.
- Must be able to spend at least 75% of work time sitting and using standard desktop computing equipment.
- Must be able to hear and speak clearly enough to participate in highly interactive, fast paced conversations.
- Must be able to work in an open office environment with moderate noise levels and frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to work in a smoke-free workplace.
- Must be able to work during normal business hours and occasional overtime to meet deadlines.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow up*
US-Utah-Salt Lake City - USS2