This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day execution of the sales learning and development program. Responsibilities include performing needs analysis, design of learning and development strategy, course and curriculum development and delivery, management and measurement of the quality and effectiveness of all sales training initiatives for immediate, measurable impact on company performance. The sales learning and development program will be targeted to a broad audience of Suddenlink employees from all levels, many functional areas, and all regions. This position works closely with the corporate sales and marketing team, with members of the Learning and Development teams, and with leaders of all levels.
• Performs needs analysis and talent assessments that serve as the foundation for training development.
• Manages the internal design of programs and support materials, ensuring that training programs address business objectives and employee development needs.
• Establishes standards of quality for curriculum and course development and delivery, and assesses and advises management on effectiveness of programs and practices.
• Engages in Sales training delivery.
• Provides oversight to the effective execution of the sales learning and development program to include program and trainer audits and assessments, recommendations for changes, and measurement of return on investment and expectations.
• Researches available internal and external training resources to determine and recommend the most cost-effective alternatives.
• Identifies measures of effectiveness of learning initiatives, develops tools to track and analyze data, and reports results that demonstrate business results.
• Prepares and adheres to budgets, monitors costs, and ensures costs are appropriately allocated.
• Analyzes, recommends, negotiates, and maintains training vendor contracts and ensures relationships are managed in a cost-effective manner; evaluates the quality of all services on an on-going basis.
• Oversees the training administrative process and identifies opportunities for automation to improve
• Engages in instructional design projects of all levels of complexity and applies advanced understanding of the ADDIE model, adult learning theory, and effective evaluation methodologies
• Develops new courses, evaluates existing programs, and effectively blends resources to build a curriculum that improves management effectiveness and meets assigned goals and objectives.
• Engages with subject matter experts to collect relevant content and effectively translates the information into appropriate learning modules.
• Ensures optimal learning methodology is utilized in curriculum and course development that includes instructor-led courses, e-learning programs, self-study, and experiential learning scenarios
• Develops participant materials, facilitator guides, visual aids, and job aids that support assigned training initiatives
• Engages in the delivery of training initiatives by serving as an instructor, facilitator, or support staff in the classroom
• Interfaces with the learning management system fully leveraging the tool to deploy training, facilitate registration, maintain records of training schedules and participants, and generate reports
• Designs, develops, and conducts train-the-trainer courses
• Provides support to field trainers as needed
• Exceptional knowledge and demonstrated ability in selling tactics and techniques including knowledge of sales training best practices.
• Ability to design strategies for accomplishing business objectives and align tactical plans to guide people and define processes that result in desired outcomes.
• Advanced knowledge of instructional design methodologies and adult learning theory
• Superior classroom facilitation skills.
• Models company values and leadership qualities.
• Proven project management skills
• Proven ability to manage the performance and development of direct reports resulting in optimal performance.
• Ability to work independently and with others
• Ability to take on lead role in absence of direct supervisor
• Exceptional written communication and presentation skills
• Strong knowledge of e-learning development processes and ability to utilize e-learning software
• Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments to deadlines and within budget
• Ability to create compelling graphics and visual tools for communicating ideas
• Strong analytical skills
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Learning and Development, Marketing, Education or related field or commensurate experience.
• 5 – 7 years’ experience in sales management to include 2 plus years’ experience in managing sales training program or responsibility for development, delivery and measurement of sales training curriculum/program.
Suddenlink Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...