This position is a SCCM (Systems Centre Configuration Manager) administrator, responsible for all aspects of SCCM including distributing software and maintaining the SCCM database. It also provides desktop and server hardware and software support (both standalone and network installations), problem analysis and resolution, and providing second-line support. The position is also responsible for the SQL environment. The SCCM Administrator is responsible for creating and distributing software packages (including new software, updates, patches etc.) to all department desktops and notebooks and servers. These updates must be performed in a timely and seamless fashion to ensure that the clients do not experience any unexpected downtime. The SCCM Administrator must coordinate with an Acceptance test group, all new software, updates, patches etc. that are to be distributed to clients desktops/notebooks, and inform Department staff of all forthcoming system changes. The SCCM Administrator is also responsible for maintaining the SCCM database and ensuring its accuracy, which is essential for departmental asset management. Software distribution involves applying best practice application packaging techniques to all types of software and configuration changes; responsibilities include designing, creating and maintaining programs and scripts to setup business applications, patches and updates to the entire workstation and server environment.
University degree in computer science or 7 years equivalent work experience.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge with Windows Server 2003 and 2008, Active Directory, Microsoft SCCM
- SCCM deployment and infrastructure knowledge including troubleshooting, design, and implementation experience
- Deploying updates and software packages with System Center Configuration Manager
- Reporting with Systems Management Center Systems Management Server Scripting experience
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge with MS SQL 2005 and 2008 Server and database administration.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network, server and system, and PC operating systems
- Understands the fundamental areas of IT Service Management
- Understands the fundamental concepts of Project Management
- Maintains knowledge of advances in Technology, best practices, ITIL and industry standards. Makes recommendations in the area of systems standards and procedures.
- Resourceful – Capable of forming a solution to a need several different ways, however with the resources available which may not always be ideal.
- Highly versatile, be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Communicates effectively both written and orally
- Reporting experience based on the SCCM database
Provident Bank - 12 months ago
Sterling National Bank is a financial services firm that specializes in the delivery of service and solutions to business owners, their...