***Please note this is a 6 month working internship.
Gain experience and exposure to information technology use, maintenance and repair in the work place. This is a six-month position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Learn basics of helpdesk position
• Learn IT’s role as a customer service organization
• Learn how helpdesk tickets are entered in and how call center functions
• Assist and support basic IT helpdesk functions and learn basic helpdesk troubleshooting functions
• Shadow helpdesk technicians on some basic support calls
• Shadow helpdesk technicians on basic to intermediate support calls
• Learns basic to intermediate helpdesk troubleshooting functions
• Assists on documentation and project work
Education and Experience:
• Completion of 2 years towards a Computer Science or MIS Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in a Vo-tech technical program required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
• Knowledge of computer systems hardware and software to include Windows and MSOffice.
• Experience with end users and excellent customer service skills.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
• PC; Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook; PowerPoint; Word and Excel. Fax; Scanner.