InterCare Community Health Network |
is a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Bangor, Michigan. We employ 400 medical and dental health professionals and support personnel at multiple locations. InterCare is a federally qualified health center dedicated to improving individual health and reducing health issues in communities that we serve. We pursue our vision through the delivery of a broad range of primary care services and by promoting open access for all. InterCare's main focus is on disease prevention, wellness, and regular and timely treatment of chronic conditions. We pride ourselves on excellent communications with our patients, and on a strong health education focus that helps our patients and their families become involved in their own health care.
Experience and Skills:
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides both operational and administrative support to the organization. The CFO supervises the finance department and is the chief financial spokesperson for the organization. The CFO reports directly to the President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funds. Responsibilities include monthly accounting, financial statement preparation and analysis, financial reporting to outside organizations, oversight of payroll, accounts receivable/billing and accounts payable, presenting financial information to the board, insurance, retirement plan administration and other duties as assigned by the CEO.
· As an integral and important part of the management team, will participate in and provide input into management decisions, have knowledge of the organizations operations and provide insight and guidance with respect to financial and operational matters.
· Work with the President/CEO on implementing the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships on city, state, and national levels, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of grants.
· Participate in developing new business and assisting with new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
· Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization both internally and externally with Federal, State, and other funders.
· Develop, recommend and implement accounting policies and procedures and internal controls that assures the organization is compliant with all regulations. Ensuring the organization has implemented the fiscal policies and procedures of the organization and supports the corporate compliance initiatives of the organization.
· Responsible for the organizations relationship with federal and state tax authorities and government regulators on financial matters
· Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
· Works with leadership to investigate cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits which the organization may offer employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals.
· Develop, supervise and coordinate all efforts to maximize third party reimbursement.
To be considered for the role, the candidate will have five to seven years of healthcare experience, ideally from a non-profit with operational and business leadership experience, solid accounting and finance foundation and a track record of success and development. Minimum undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with a CPA and/or MBA in Business Administration highly desired.
InterCare Community Health Network - 17 months ago