This position is responsible to lend supervision, support and oversight to daily activities associated with the Packaging Department of the plant.
This position is responsible to evaluate and to maintain the quality standards and systems as set forth by the customer and by the company, regarding the manufacturing of products.
This position maintains training of employee’s, helps ensure adherence to company performance goals and objectives, organizes and assigns the daily work as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise daily operation of assigned packaging department personnel that is in alignment with established departmental standards
- Schedule, assign work and adjust schedules as necessary to meet departmental demands and requirements
- Recommend changes and improvements to ensure consistent and efficient operation of the packaging department
- Monitor the performance of packaging department personnel to ensure goals are met. Coordinate training of personnel to meet/improve skill set
- Attend plant/company meetings as needed to report, exchange information and coordinate work activities with other departments
- Ability to access, review, use and maintain production data within automated inventory management system (SAP)
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Follow all DFA GMPs and work in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory food safety, quality and sanitation standards
- High school diploma required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment, preferrably food or beverage.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience.
in a production high speed, multi-line packaging and manufacturing environment.
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. SAP experience, preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability and aptitude for problem solving and troubleshooting.
Dairy Farmers of America - 14 months ago