This is a part-time position.
Responsible for ensuring that freight is loaded and unloaded within warehouse in a safe and efficient manner utilizing forklift, pallet jack and/or hand truck.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or container to be moved
• Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand and/or forklift
• Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit
• Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet
• Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials
• Scanning Freight
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Stand or sit for long periods of time
• Reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch and frequently required to climb or balance
• Regularly lift and/or move 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds by hand
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or GED
• Less than one year related experience
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and maintain a drug free workplace.
Crane Worldwide - 11 months ago