Assists in the development, coordination and execution of internal and external public relations and special promotions and programs by:
15. Participates in ongoing professional training and development events and workshops.
- Identifying newsworthy SSFCU individuals and subjects and develop story ideas and unique “hooks” to generate news media coverage.
- Researching, preparing and disseminating SSFCU news releases as assigned for both local and national publications and establishes professional rapport with news media representatives.
- Assisting departments in developing communication programs to help them meet their goals and provide better member service.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with non-profit and charitable organizations within the community that complement SSFCU’s corporate goals and company values.
- Serving as a representative and liaison for Credit Union for Kids (CUFK) committee as well as maintaining other leadership roles in the community as appropriate for scope of position.
- Coordinating SSFCU’s annual “Food 4 SA” campaign and serves as spokesperson at related promotions and events coordinated with the San Antonio Food Bank.
- Overseeing and maintaining SSFCU’s “Volunteer Corps” of employees to ensure credit union involvement and representation at various community events and other activities.
- Assisting with coordinating SSFCU special events, including but not limited to special promotions, grand openings, ribbon cuttings and annual membership meetings.
- Assisting with reviewing general sponsorship requests and determining appropriateness of corporate support.
- Serving as contributing writer for SSFCU’s “Inside Security Service” online employee news magazine.
- Serving as an administrator for SSFCU’s social media outlets (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to generate news content and updates.
- Ensuring SSFCU events are photographed.
- Directing outside printers and other vendors to ensure projects flow smoothly.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer. We maintain a drug-free and safe workplace by performing pre-employment substance abuse testing and criminal background checks. Consumer credit history checks are also performed.
- Bachelor’s degree and one to two years of experience in Public Relations, Advertising, Journalism, Marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Requires ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines with high quality standards.
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications, MAC applications, Adobe InDesign, Adobe PhotoShop and QuarkXpress.
- Ability to work Monday – Friday, plus some nights and weekends.
Security Service Federal Credit Union (SSFCU) works to keep its members' cash secure. Through more than 30 branches in the San Antonio...