Who We Are:
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Cyber Test and Evaluation Engineer
What you will do:
Will be responsible for all aspects of the government-owned "Cyber Lab”. These include:
· Provide daily operations and maintenance of the lab
· Conduct research and recommend enhancements/improvements/increased capabilities to the lab
· Conduct system integration of various capabilities within the lab
· Conduct testing of various hardware/software/systems within the lab
· Observe external cyber exercises/tests/demonstrations and report on findings/issues/concerns/etc.
· Participate in various exercises on the national cyber range and identify gaps, constraints, policy limitations, etc., that effect the conduct of robust cyber testing.
· Provide the "Vision" for the future of the cyber lab. Identify what will make it more capable and effective for future clients.
What you’ll need
· Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security, or a related technical field is strongly preferred, plus 5 or more years related experience
· Experience within the T&E community preferably related to Cyber or CNO programs. Working knowledge of DoD and Service T&E regulations and directives. Familiarity with National, DoD, and Service doctrine, publications, directives, policies and guidance that pertain to information operations, computer network operations, and information assurance (for example: DoD Directives 3600.x, Army Regulation 73-1).
· Technical training and technical certifications such as Security+, Network+, or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is highly desirable.
· Recent operational experience within an IO/Cyber environment highly desirable. Experience working in Joint environments a plus.
· Good self-motivation and strong desire to learn new technology. New employees must be capable of hitting the ground running with minimal supervision. Must be able to handle the stress of multiple projects, changing schedules, and short suspense tasking.
· In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered
· Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience
· Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education.
Must Have Skills
- A good diversity of technical experience related to system administration, databases, web-technologies, networking, and software development are desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; examples of authored products, papers, or reports a plus.
- Ability to prepare Power Point briefings and reports within a set timeframe and with little to no supervision
- Must feel comfortable presenting test results in front of large groups and senior decision makers at the Flag Officer and SES level. (Min. Experience 5 years)
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly understand new technology, resolve complex problems, overcome human and technical obstacles, and achieve positive results. Ball employees are frequently the subject matter experts that others depend upon for answers. (Min. Experience 5 years)
- Ability to lead a team when required or work as a low-level data collector if necessary. (Min. Experience 5 years)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. (Min. Experience of 5 years)
- Able to travel. Travel can range from short notice – short duration (one week or less) to longer multi-week deployments, and may include overseas locations. (Min. Experience 5 years)
Nice to Have Experience and Skills
- Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) or Network Operations Security Center (NOSC) experience. (Min. Experience of 1 year)
- Experience with network security and T&E related open source, commercial or government off-the-shelf software/tools/systems (examples: Wireshark, NMAP, Snort, Nessus, Aircrack, PILOT, ISS, IxChariot, Mini Maxwell, Shunra, LabView, MatLab). (Min. Experience of 1 year)
- Electronic Warfare / Radio Frequency T&E experience a plus. Experience related to wireless network security a plus. (Min. Experience of 1 year)
- Experience with “red teaming”, risk or vulnerability assessments a plus. (Min. Experience of 1 year)
- Military intelligence and/or planning experience. (Min. Experience of 1 year)
- Proficiency with the desktop publishing software Adobe InDesign. (Min. Experience of 1 year)
- Experience working with multi-level classified information systems in a secure office environment a plus. (Min. Experience of 1 year)
This position requires a current favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). Some positions will require completion of a polygraph examination. * U.S. Citizenship Required.
Relocation: Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Ball Aerospace - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard