Provides medical assessments, treatments and transportation to all age groups, in and out of hospital settings, through approved protocols or under the
direction and/or supervision of physicians or registered nurses in support of the Nursing Vision.
1. Assesses, treats and provides transportation to patients according to established Emergency Medical Services rules and regulations and hospital
policies, independently, collaboratively or under the supervision of physicians or registered nurses and according to the scopes of practice
allowed by the State of Nebraska and Good Samaritan Health Systems.
2. Provides, assists with or participates in education for team members and community.
3. Performs and ensures safe, knowledgeable age-specific patient care in a holistic manner.
4. Performs value-added activities that result in positive financial performance and customer satisfaction.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Required Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
1. Must be able to pass physical ability test and be able to lift and move all weights of patients and equipment through all types of obstacles with
2. Must possess the ability to think independently and collaborative under emergency situations with the safety of self and others in mind while
assessing and treating patients.
3. Ability to see and hear to in order to perform routine assessment duties.
4. Must possess interpersonal skills to effectively work with employees, visitors and guests.
5. Ability to prioritize and organize work.
EMT-B: $9.50 - 14.25/hour
EMT-P: $13.28 - 19.92/hour
1. Graduate of a Nebraska approved EMT training program.
2. Completion of Good Samaritan Hospital's Medication Aide training for oxygen usage for EMT-B and EMT-I (Paramedics excluded).
1. One year experience as an EMS provider on a licensed ambulance service preferred.
1. Must possess or be able to obtain a Nebraska Certificate of Competency to act as an ambulance attendant and have a current BLS card.
2. ACLS and PALS certification preferred for EMT-I and required for Paramedic within six months of employment.
3. Must have a current drivers license with an excellent driving history and be able to operate an ambulance in emergency situations.
4. CPR certification with in 3 months of employment.
5. State of Nebraska Medication Aide certification required.
Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Catholic Health Initiatives - 3 years ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...