Post by Jobing - Position Summary: Under general supervision, and in accordance with established policies and procedures, provides a variety of mortgage services to membership. Underwrites conventional, credit union portfolio, FHA/Va loan applications and coordinates loan closings. Maintains working knowledge of all services and operations of the credit union.Job Responsibilities: * Performs complete thorough analyses of loan files to determine compliance with credit union, investorm FHS/VA, Federal and State guidelines. *Evaluates the entire credit package and collateral for residential mortgage loans to ensure an investment quality loan product.
A minimum of three year’s experience and proven expertise in real estate lending is required. Must have DE designation for FHA . Must be proficient Automated Underwriting Systems– Desk Top Underwriter and Loan Prospector, Loan Origination systems, common office equipment such as, but not limited to: personal computers, typewriter and 10–key calculator.
- Checks the accuracy of all calculations. *Assists with training of new underwriters and development of mortgage staff to increase knowledge related to product guidelines and compliance. *Recommend the loan disposition of loan amounts in excess of authorized limits to VP of Real Estate Lending. *Maintain a productivity level of 4–7 loans per day and comply with credit union turnaround time.
- Communicate loan decision to appropriate parties. *Be available to processors, closers and loan officers for general guideline interpretations and questions on specific loan files. *Respond to post–closing reviews and audits in a timely fashion. *Perform related duties as assigned.
- Attain and maintain knowledge of all credit union services. *Ensure compliance with legal requirements, lending regulations, and internal policies and procedures. *Underwrite an approve first mortgage loan applications. *Update staff on changes to product guidelines, compliance, and processes.
- Interface with other departments, vendors, and financial institutions to promote teamwork and high quality member service. *Review loan files prior to closing, if necessary. *Provide a weekly mortgage status report. *Assist in processing, underwriting, and closing Home Equity loans, as necssary.
- Maintain member confidentiality. *Attend required meetings and training sessions as requested. *Perform other essential job functions as required or assigned. EDUCATION AND SKILL EXPERIENCETwo–year degree in business–related field is preferred or experience equivalent.