Education & Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
Physical requirements :
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
· Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to stand during entire shift.
Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
The Room Attendant is responsible for maintaining clean and attractive guestrooms while providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Fundamental Requirements :
· Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
· Thoroughly clean guestrooms according to standards.
· Complete all pre-cleaning duties, including but not limited to, guest supplies, cleaning supplies, and linen for housekeeping cart set-up.
· Remove all trash and dirty linen from guestrooms and hallways.
· Keep all hallways, public areas and closets clean, neat and vacuumed (if applicable).
· Restock housekeeping cleaning cart for next day's use.
· Replenish chemical bottles.
· Clean room with the door closed according to standards, unless requested to do otherwise by the guest.
· Report all missing items from room (i.e., irons/boards, hair dryers, etc.) to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
· Report any maintenance repairs immediately to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
· Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the standards.
· Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Wyndham Hotel Group - 16 months ago
Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO) offers vacationers a (time) share of paradise. A top supplier and marketer of timeshare vacation properties...