Develops, enhances, debugs, supports, maintains and tests software applications that support business units or supporting functions. These application program solutions may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. Participates in the design, development and implementation of complex applications, often using new technologies. May provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource. Will not have direct reports but may lead projects and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. May have responsibility for a project and project budget. May collaborate with external programmers to coordinate delivery of software application. Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities. Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned consultants. Typically requires 5-7 years of experience.
As an Applications Programmer you will help develop, support, maintain and test software applications for a specific business unit or supporting function. This position will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing complex applications for a Business Technology Group.
You will serve as a Subject Matter Expert and provide technical direction for specific initiatives and projects. You will have the opportunity to lead projects and collaborate with other programmers and business partners to ensure successful delivery and implementation of the software application.
You will work with minimal supervision and guidance from more seasoned consultants, and may also be expected to provide application support.
- 5-7 years of application programming experience
- Must have excellent software design and documentation skills
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Must have excellent organization skills
- Ability to debug applications
- Experience with the development models and software development lifecycle (SDLC) model
- Able to communicate effectively across varied areas including technology, business units and senior leadership
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Strong critical thinker with .NET experience.
- Presentations: WinForms, ASP.NET, WPF; WCF, Frameworks, Entity Framework 4
- Windows Workflow; SQL Server 2008; Testing: nUnit, MS Test
- Experience solving complex problems in sustainable ways using design patterns and solid architectural principles.
- Experience with messaging and enterprise service busses.
- Ability to quickly absorb business domain concepts and apply them to problem solving.
- Six Sigma experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bank of America - 9 months ago
Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries...