THIS POSITION CAN BE LOCATED IN OUR NEW YORK, BALTIMORE OR GLENDALE OFFICE.
We are currently looking for a Senior Level Railroad Underwriter and please note we will consider candidates with Property and/or Inland Marine experience that are looking to learn the Railroad business. The Underwriter should have between 7 to 10 years experience underwriting new and renewal Railroad, Property or Inland Marine business. Experience with heavy equipment and transportation / motor cargo risks are a plus. The day to day duties will encompass a variety of the following activities:
- Underwrites and analyze new and renewal railroad property business.
- Markets Zurich Rail property through the rail brokerage community.
- Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations, and rating manuals.
- Work within broad limits and authority on highly complex assignments.
- Develop and maintain broker relationships.
Bachelors Degree is required.
Additional Requirements Include:
1. 7-10 years of related railroad, property or inland marine underwriting experience, including catastrophe perils.
2. Must be well versed in writing manuscript endorsements.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills. In-depth knowledge of line/s of business and legal and regulatory guidelines.
4. Strong negotiation skills.
5. Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines.
6. Ability to effectively assess risk.
7. Ability to multi-task.
8. Ability to function in a team environment.
9. Possess knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business.
10. PC literate.
11. Demonstrated technical knowledge and skills reflective of progression of positions of increasing responsibility.
12. Solid knowledge of processing methods and workflow procedures, and basic knowledge of insurance underwriting and regulations for assigned territories.
13. Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business.
14. Must be able to function effectively in team environment.
Zurich North America - 2 years ago
Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a leading multi-line insurance provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in Europe,...