I. JOB SUMMARY
Coordinate the day-to-day activities of a group home for persons with developmental disabilities to ensure active treatment and increased independence for all residents in compliance with state and federal guidelines. Provide day-to-day supervision of all group home staff assigned to provide daily assistance to group home residents.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Develop, coordinate and implement an individual program plan for each client, which ensures consistency, accurate data collection and emphasizes greater independence for each person.
2. Supervise Support Staff including input in selection and hiring of new staff, initial and ongoing training, scheduling and setting work hours, training, probation and annual evaluations, discipline and discharge, input into promotional decisions and setting of wage rates.
3. Manage the physical environment (including safety, sanitation, maintenance/upkeep, etc.) and regular house routines (including shopping, meals, medication administration, etc.)
4. Maintain adequate records and files as required.
5. Coordinate client income and complete all banking procedures in order to ensure the safety of client monies.
6. Monitor all health services for each client including medication, regular appointments, etc.
7. Maintain a positive working relationship with the interdisciplinary team and adequately communicate the client and staff needs to the appropriate person(s).
8. Comply with state, federal and ADEC standards, policies and procedures and participate in the annual State Department of Health survey process.
III. JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. Bachelor’s degree in a human services field or three years related work experience.
2. One year of supervisory experience preferred. Consideration will be given to applicants who have excellent skills in communication, interpersonal relationships and organization. Formal training in supervision will be required
after the individual in hired.
3. Previous contact or experience with persons with disabilities.
4. Valid driver’s license, a good driving record and proof of insurance.
5. No evidence of criminal activity involving a dependent population or any violent criminal activity.
6. No evidence of illegal drug use or drug abuse. Must pass drug screen.
7. Successful Completion of the Medication Administration Course.
8. Evidence that the person is free of communicable diseases (including tuberculosis).
9. Certification in CPR and First Aid.
10. Ability to read, write legibly, and understand written directives and policies.
11. Ability to communicate with clients, staff, IDT members and family
This position includes working evenings and weekends.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume.