tw telecom is hiring for an Outside Plant Engineer for our Los Angeles market.
This position resides in Los Angeles market and is responsible for OSP construction activities on tw telecom’s metro Ethernet ring for tw telecom's fiber network.
As an Outside Plant Engineer for tw telecom, you’ll design and manage the installation of the local telecommunications network, and coordinate fiber placement and other services with the cable group to specified custom buildings. This will include all activities to extend the fiber network into buildings. It will also be responsible for all vertical and horizontal riser copper and fiber cables.
Why this Job?
As an Outside Plant Engineer for tw telecom, you will be part of a team that is professional, positive, skilled, and is full of energy, drive and commitment. Our local Operations Team is focused on providing our customers with the most positive, professional experience possible. This work is challenging and gratifying as we take challenges head on and overcome them every day. You will be part team which both management and engineering teams are experienced and tenured in running our business within tw telecom.
How to Achieve Outstanding Performance
- Successful management of tw telecom’s Outside Plant construction contractors to complete projects on time and efficiently.
- Creating project budges for Outside Plant Construction
- Maintaining and updating records in OSP Insight and Viso Ring diagrams.
- Someone who looks for better, more efficient ways to get the work done and comes to the table with creative and cost efficient solutions.
- Someone who thrives in and environment full of moving pieces and can manage them all effortlessly.
- Bring new buildings on-net as well as work on riser extensions within a building
- Coordinate Outside and Inside Plant construction activities.
- Become familiar with the different systems needed to fulfill the job requirements within your first month.
- Be able to handle small scale projects such as ISP riser extensions within first 3 months.
- Deliver clean fiber connectivity between locations on-time and within budget.
- Maintain accurate records
- Have an extremely strong attention to detail
What We’re Looking For.
- Outside Plant Engineering Experience - required
- Cost Estimating experience - required
- Project management experience related to utility construction - preferred.
- Project management experience related to OSP construction – required.
- Construction inspection experience - preferred
- Permitting experience required
- Experience managing external vendors required.
- Experience with Fiber Management systems – required.
- Experience managing external vendors – required.
- Familiarity with SONET networking, design, and theory – highly preferred.
- A Valid Driver’s license including a clean driving record – required.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Must be able to drive company vehicle. Must be able to utilize hand tools, a cellular telephone and a significant amount of test equipment. Must be able to push, pull, bend, stoop and reach. Must be available to work overtime.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Every decision made at tw telecom concerning hiring, promotion, compensation, training, assignment of job responsibilities, termination, or any other aspect of the employment relationship is to be made without regard to any legally protected characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, or other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws. tw telecom strives for a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment, including but not limited to racial, sexual, ethnic or religious.
Thank you for applying with tw telecom .
tw telecom inc., formerly Time Warner Telecom Inc., is a provider of managed network services, specializing in ethernet and data networking,...