Union Hospital is an award-winning, full service community hospital located in Elkton, Maryland. Nationally recognized for clinical excellence in the treatment and prevention of disease, our 122-bed, not-for-profit hospital is dedicated to providing superior, personalized, quality health care to our neighbors, families and friends.
Our mission is to enhance the health and well-being of residents in Cecil County and neighboring communities.
We are seeking qualified candidates, for our full time, Certified Nurse Assistant position in our Surgical Speciality Unit.
Provides for the care needs of the patients under the direction of the primary nurse. This position requires employees to demonstrate initial and annual competencies in order to remain in this position. CNA’s may be asked to perform other duties within their scope of practice. Discretion and confidentiality are required.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• May perform all treatments and services within the scope of practice of the Certified Nurse Assistant Maryland state licensure.
• Provides for the hygiene, personal care and activities of daily living, assisting patients with meals, measuring and recording vital signs and reporting abnormal vital signs to the primary nurse.
• Must perform accurate measurement of intake and output, perform EKG and finger stick glucose testing.
• Other duties may include order entry into Meditech.
• Must have ability to communicate effectively.
• Service Excellence to all customers at all times
• Patient care competency
• Vital Sign competency (obtaining, documenting, and reporting accuracy)
• Basic computer skills
• Provision of nursing assistant care within scope of practice
• Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
• Collaboration with multi-disciplinary team members
• Teamwork and Flexibility
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Maryland CNA certification & BLS certification required.
Must be at least 18 years of age
Prior nursing assistant experience preferred.
• Must be 18 years of age
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Maryland Board of Nursing Certified/Licensed CNA
• American Heart Association BLS
• Effective written and oral communication & computer skills
• Customer service oriented
• Attention to detail
• Team work oriented
Union Hospital of Cecil County - 18 months ago