Professional accreditation in one of the following:
• AGC Certificate of Management-Building Information Modeling (CM-BIM)
• Autodesk BIM Certified Professional
• Or significant equivalent professional experience.
5-10 years BIM production experience in design, drafting or engineering or related construction management. Must have an in-depth working knowledge of current BIM versions with emphasis on Building Management interfaces including Navisworks.
Bachelor’s Degree BS/BA degree with a design or facilities management major or equivalent work experience. Previous experience in a corporate environment or alternatively in a construction or facilities management position.
• Ability to develop, analyze, and recommend alternative software programs.
• Strong interpersonal skills required. Ability to interact with maintenance, plant operations and professionals a must.
• Strong technical skills and experience in Revit.
• Strong PC experience in Windows environments, working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, Web-enabled applications and database software..
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
• Child Abuse Clearances
• FBI Fingerprint Clearance
• Drug Screening
Manages and maintains The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia’s (CHOP) electronic CAD/Revit documentation, BIM Models and interface with the Facilities Management systems.
Manage software products including but not limited to incorporating new version releases and customization of the product.
• Manage the implementation of supporting software for BIM.
• Evaluate new BIM related software and technologies.
• Stays in formed on best practices for use of Revit Architecture / BIM and BIM related software and how they work with Revit.
• Coordinate the installation of BIM software with CHOP’s I.S. department support.
• Experience with manipulating and receiving various file formats.
Responsible for BIM standards development, implantation, and enforcement.
• Creation and maintenance of the software Template files to assure standards are followed.
• Maintain existing electronic document and drawing files.
• Automate routines in BIM to simplify plotting and electronic file submissions.
• Provide quality control for completeness adherence to CHOP standards for submitted shop drawings.
• Train and oversee the day-to-day activities to ensure BIM standards are maintained in the creation of the Architectural model to interface with Facilities Management software and processes.
• Chair the department’s BIM committee.
• Provide hardware and network support as it relates to BIM documents and interfaces with other software .
• Coordinate the conversion of existing 2-D CAD files of existing buildings into working BIM models for CHOP facilities. All critical systems are to be included in the BIM model.
• Manage BIM contract language and requirements in A/E and Construction Contracts.
• Indentify and develop the relevant COBie building elements guide that aligns with the necessary data required by CHOP’s Maintenance, Plant Ops and Project management Teams.
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...