Candidate will be responsible for development test activities related to product line performance testing. Candidates will participate in performance test plan design, development, and execution to ensure quality products for Cisco customers. Have ability to work with others in technical consultation and leadership for design and development test efforts for complex engineering projects. Will be responsible for providing technical and quality assessment to management for a given project. Must be able to initiate and consult on original and creative technical efforts related to high volume automated test and verification tools for Cisco products. Candidate should have good communication skills and be able to evaluate and propose alternative solutions, effectively influencing outcomes. Candidate will also be responsible for participating on test teams as part of normal product lifecycles.
This may include the following:
- Designing and automating test cases for specific features and combinations for Cisco products for the purpose of automated performance testing
- Creating tools designed to increase productivity, including, but not limited to, Dashboards, Web Applications, Front-Ends, etc.
- Working in assigned areas to determine or create technical approaches to satisfy market needs
- Participate in projects that will have a broad applicability in Cisco’s product line applying unique approaches
- Responsible for participating in technical decisions required on a project
- May take a tool/product through some or all stages of product development
- Review engineering documentation to identifies issues and technical interdependencies for planning purposes
- Ability to use in-house and 3rd party test tools and incorporate them together in holistic automated solutions
- Working directly with internal and external customers focusing on providing exemplary customer service and quality
CCNA (or other certifications)
Networking, Routing, or Switching
BS: Electrical or Computer Science/Engineering
MS: Electrical or Computer Science/Engineering
Any knowledge a plus but not required:
- Languages : PERL, TCL, PHP, XML, Ruby on Rails, C, C++
- Operating Systems : Unix, Linux,
- Web page development using PHP, HTML, ASP.NET
- Data base management: MySQL
Cisco Systems - 15 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our em...