The Enterprise Infrastructure Architect, reporting to the Director of Enterprise Architecture, will lead and coordinate enterprise-wide, cross functional Application Architecture efforts in order to
• Develop an enterprise infrastructure architecture framework and implementation strategy,
• Establish enterprise infrastructure architecture solution standards and reference models,
• Define infrastructure architecture reference models, and maintain infrastructure architecture designs artifacts,
• Administer a standard-based application architecture solution procedure.
• Coordinate and communicate infrastructure architecture design and implementation best practices.
The Enterprise Infrastructure Architect will drive the development of an enterprise infrastructure architecture that is stable, secured, and optimized to provide high performance and enabling capability. Key responsibilities include:
Infrastructure Architecture Leadership
• Educate, advise and influence IT and business stakeholders to better understand existing infrastructure architecture risks, IT best practices, and architecture change requirements to support business and IT strategies.
• Work with Business Transformation (BT) and application development organizations to understand business vision, strategies, and operational processes and procedures.
• Collaborate with Global Application Development (GAD), Global Application Operations (GAO) and Global Infrastructure Services organizations to develop infrastructure architecture vision, migration strategies, and define enterprise infrastructure framework and standards to best support application vision, strategies, and operations.
• Collaborate with other architects and Global Infrastructure Services (GIS) to develop infrastructure architecture vision, strategies, and define infrastructure reference architecture models and standards to best support the enterprise application architecture vision, strategies, and operations.
Infrastructure Development Processes
• Review and assess infrastructure solutions for specific challenges or risks, and guide business enabling IT investment.
• Document existing infrastructure architecture environment to establish enterprise infrastructure baselines.
• Analyze existing infrastructure environment to identify opportunities, challenges, and migration roadmaps.
• Define and implement infrastructure architecture framework and standards.
• Implement and mature infrastructure architectural practices to define and/or maintain infrastructure architecture models, tools, and architecture design and solution artifacts.
• Develop and present business cases and infrastructure architecture migration plans to management with priority recommendations to maintain and evolve this architecture.
• Lead cross-functional infrastructure architecture teams, acting also as chief infrastructure architect to provide technological advice, consult and identifies opportunities for implementation in future systems.
Strategy and Governance
• Collaborate to develop IT investment strategies in infrastructure environment and practice in alignment with critical business needs.
• Partner with GAD, GAO, GIS, and BT leaders, providing technological expertise, to synergize IT strategic direction and implementation roadmaps.
• Facilitate discussions with business and IT leaders to ensure that enterprise infrastructure strategic initiatives are leveraged to drive IT simplifications, standardization and efficiencies.
• Guide IT organizations in creating strategies and roadmaps to align technical requirements and standards with business needs. Ensure IT investment decisions and program, projects, and planning are in alignment with Lenovo global architecture standards, patterns, and roadmaps.
Lenovo is not just another technology company. We believe we make the technology that powers the world’s best ideas. We design tools for those who are driven by accomplishment. We are the company that powers the people who Do. The engine that helps them Do more. Do better. Do what’s never been done. And we are united in the quest to help our users defy the impossible.
We are looking for Do’ers in our “For Those Who DO” culture…..come put your career on the fast track with the fastest growing PC company in the world!!
• Minimum 10+ years of IT experience; among which minimum 5+ years as an enterprise infrastructure architect.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related disciplines.
• English required; Chinese a plus.
• • Must be visionary and strategic in approach, and demonstrated ability to apply application architectural disciplines to solve business problems.
• Strong understanding of implementation processes and best practices in Enterprise infrastructure Architecture.
• Must work independently with minimal direction with superior organizational skills
• Strong relationship building and mentoring skills with the ability to drive change and issues resolution.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and Ability to articulate technical aspects in an executive manner to present to senior management
• Experience with one or more enterprise architecture frameworks (e.g. Gartner, Zachman, TOGAF, and FEAF.)
• Familiarity with information systems management practices (e.g. ITIL, CMMI, etc.).
• Experience with multiple and diverse technology environments and software solutions, such as IBM p-Series/x-Series, IBM DS storage, DB2/UDB, EMC VMAX/DMX, VMWare, Cisco, etc.
• Broad knowledge of SAP technology, tools and techniques, including ERP, BW, Portal, CRM, and HANA.
• Experience with Cloud Computing, “Big Data”, and Open Source preferred.
• Experience with Cloud based service offering, such as Saleforcce.com, Workday, is also preferred.
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) technologies and methods preferred.
Lenovo - 19 months ago
Lenovo is not just another technology company. We make the technology that powers the world’s best ideas. We design tools for those...