Coordinate activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, advertising and other materials associated with the operations of plant operations, field service and Houston tooling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand, establish and issue Request for Quote (RFQ) for operations and field service procurements;
- Establish, evaluate, and select suppliers to develop a qualified supplier base;
- Review and evaluate monthly global sourcing data to make decisions that support company direction and growth;
- Review quotes and negotiate purchase orders and blanket orders within scope of authority;
- Manage suppliers to verify compliance to purchase order requirements;
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, suppliers, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action;
- Performance review of suppliers for quality, delivery and reliability;
- Support major procurement activities including some procurement of capital equipment;
- Problem solving of procurement issues as they arise;
- Maintain procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories;
- Provide support to upper management in effort to meet corporate goals, objectives and projects;
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources;
- Participate in proactive team efforts and leadership to achieve departmental, company and individual goals and objectives;
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit;
- Communicate effectively with subordinates and management at all levels;
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3 rd parties;
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred; or at least three (3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, engineering specifications for material. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other employees.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and basic database.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to sit and talk or hear. Occasionally required to stand and walk. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.
S2- Mitsubishi Power Systems - 10 months ago