Job Listing Detail
Deputy Juvenile Probation Officer
Listing Number: 9504-131C
- Applications must be received by Midnight Mountain Time on the closing date.
For more information contact:
PO Box 203005
Helena , MT
TTY: Montana Relay Service at 711
Local Montana Job Service Workforce
2nd Judicial District
State Application Required:
Additional Salary Information: The Judicial Branch offers an excellent benefit package including:
- 15 days paid vacation, 12 days sick leave and 10 paid holidays annually,
- An employer contribution of $8,796 yearly towards health, life, dental and optional vision insurance for an employee and their family;
- Choice betwee
- An employee new to the Judicial Branch will serve a one-year probationary period.
- The successful applicant will be subject to a criminal background check, including the Child Protection Services & Nurses registry.
- Travel may be required.
- Working hours may include evenings & weekends
The successful applicant is responsible for managing a caseload of juveniles involved in the 2nd Judicial District, youth court. Specific duties are attending court hearings, testifying, meeting with families, conducting screening and assessment, preparing dispositions for informal proceedings and recommendations for formal proceedings, contact placement providers and establishing placements and developing treatment plans. The ability to develop good working relationships with families and youth, other service providers and law enforcement is crucial. The position will respond to on-call and crisis situations as required by office protocol. A good understanding of youth and families at risk is needed.
A full job description is available from Human Resources email - email@example.com .
The minimum qualifications are a Bachelor’s Degree in behavioral sciences and one-year of social service/criminal justice experience. The successful applicant will attend the probation officers training program provided by the Office of Court Administrator. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Supplemental Questions: None Required
Additional Materials Required: None Required
State of Montana - 18 months ago