The Talent Management organization at Saks Fifth Avenue (SFA) has an immediate opening for a Senior Manager, Talent Management position. This position will be located in New York City and will report directly to the Director, Talent Management. The Sr. Manager, Talent Management will create and implement talent management programs and initiatives designed to increase organizational effectiveness. While the role has strategic elements, vital to the role is the person’s ability to execute mid-to large scale projects and initiatives. This position will drive various aspects of SFAs talent management platform, including: creating and executing development programs, driving talent review, succession planning, and assessment initiatives, managing performance management and objective setting processes, organizational surveys, competency modeling, and career development initiatives.
Talent Review Process
- Design, program manage, and implement high impact leadership development programs (e.g. mentoring, action learning, 360 feedback, CEO Forum, etc.).
- Develop mechanisms for keeping this population engaged and developing outside of formal in person sessions.
- Manage 360 assessment process for entire company enterprise.
- Introduce new assessment tools to company.
- Enhance the tools and processes used to support Saks’ Talent Review initiatives– which include the accurate identification of high potential talent, critical positions, A players, and retention risk assessment, and succession plans for critical positions.
- Analyze and synthesize data from talent review sessions into meaningful conclusions that enhance fact-based talent decision-making; report key talent metrics.
- Manage post-talent review processes that ensure proper follow through of actions determined at talent review sessions.
- Manage the end to end execution of the Saks High Performance Culture Survey – including vendor management, data analysis and interpretation, and action planning follow-up.
- Project manage the online performance appraisal and objective setting process.
- Partner with HR systems to ensure seamless execution of online process.
- Link developmental activities to individual competencies and competency models.
- Design and manage career development offerings.
- Design and deliver team building activities.
- Bachelor degree required. Masters degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related discipline is preferred. MBA is also desirable.
- 4-6 years of talent management and development experience.
- Direct experience in designing and implementing leadership development programs, preferably at the company level.
- Experience and knowledge of conducting talent review sessions and tools used to facilitate those sessions.
- Prior experience in managing performance appraisal processes.
- Strong client relationship management skills.
- Ability to see the big picture but also work within the details when executing projects.
- Excellent project management skills, strategic thinking, and tactical implementation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills (ability to translate data into conclusions).
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent PowerPoint skills– ability to develop graphically appealing and compelling presentations.
Saks Incorporated - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Saks Fifth Avenue is a member of the Saks Incorporated (NYSE:SKS) group and operates 62 stores, led by its landmark flagship on New York's...