Borgess Medical Center is currently accepting applications for a temporary Cerner Implementation Specialist .
The Information Specialist serves as the clinical liaison between the Information Systems department and the clinical end users in the training, implementation, and support of the electronic health record at Borgess Health and associated facilities, directing efforts in the transformation of patient care practices and workflow across health care settings.
The Information Specialist will interact with clinical and ancillary departments in the inpatient and ambulatory settings. The Information Specialist will have a working knowledge of the clinical applications implemented and an understanding of how the functionality and patient care practices across the health care settings can be integrated.
- Facilitation of and/or participation on organizational working groups assembled to focus on the transformation needs of the Borgess Health Care system in the implementation of the electronic health care record.
- Engagement of Borgess Health clinical, ancillary and physician leadership in the transformation process across the health care system and patient care settings (inpatient and ambulatory).
- Assist appropriate clinical, ancillary and physician resources in the review and modification of Borgess Health policies and procedures to assure alignment with regulatory guidelines.
- In conjunction with the clinical and IT educators, facilitate in the appropriate electronic health record training.
- In conjunction with the IT clinical application team, provides implementation support to clinical staff and participates in on-going enhancements to the system.
- Provides post-implementation support to clinical staff and participates in on-going enhancements to the system.
- Adheres to Borgess policy on information security and confidentiality of all patient-related information and company data.
- Interfaces with hospital personnel, medical staff and outside resources to ensure systems integrity and security.
- Attends and participates in various in-service and external training, workshops, conferences and other relevant programs for professional growth and development.
- Weekend, shift work, holiday, and overtime may be required pre and post implementation phases of projects.
- Performs related duties as required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of direct clinical experience in an ambulatory setting or similar clinical experience is required.
- Highly proficient in problem solving, including assessment of user needs and determining appropriate systems applications or requirements.
- Effective interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with multidisciplinary teams.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills are required to work successfully with a diverse group of staff at various levels within the organization.
- Ability to organize and implement work assignments independently of direct supervision.
- Ability to perform under stress and in emergency situations and to work well with others, demonstrating flexibility in relating to others.
Medical Assistant, Patient Service Associate, or equivalent degree or experience is required.
Borgess Health - 2 years ago