Ellucian, the new company formed by the combination of Datatel and SunGard Higher Education, helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,300 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit us at ellucian.com.
Is there really a formula for happiness? We think so: Happiness = Ellucian
Creating solutions for Higher Education is our business and we do it well. The key reason why our company is successful is our employees. We learned a long time ago that happy employees are the most productive. Simply put, we are passionate about our employees and their success.
So, what makes you happy? Would you consider yourself tech savvy? Do you pride yourself in being a subject matter expert? Our expectations are high, and we work hard – and we have a lot of fun in the process.It doesn’t hurt that we have amazing benefits too! We offer 3 weeks of vacation and medical benefits that start on your first day - and that’s just the beginning. Come join us as Jr. Programmer
You will add value by:
Responsibilities are of a technical nature, frequently involving specialized duties within a functional department. Typical duties may include: designing, developing, modifying and documenting straightforward application programs on major interactive and/or administrative systems; writing programming code to meet user needs and specifications; debugging routine problems in applications programs, preparing test data, and implementing tested changes; documenting all programming code and report production procedures; and assisting/advising individual users in identifying and solving technical problems.
- Developing, designing, and integrating in-house and complex third party products with student information system, for a variety of administrative office
- Developing applications in PL/SQL,SQL, SQR, Evisions Form Fusion, Groovy & Grails, and related languages as required
- Developing and supporting applications relating to a variety of offices across the campus
- Working as a project team member in complex multi-phase technical initiatives
- Supporting and maintaining existing technical applications/systems
- Analyzing program performance and adjust as necessary for optimum efficiency
- Developing documentation, offline and online, for all programs written
- Working independently AND collaboratively / cooperatively with senior programmer and end users to identify system requirements, performing systems analysis and design
- Learning and working with the campus’s Oracle based administrative system Internet Native Banner/Self-Service Banner, Oracle and Oracle Web applications
- Being part of a team environment
- Working with other members of the Administrative Computing team to carry out the goals set forth by Administrative Computing Services
What we need from you:
- Associates degree from a regionally accredited institution and two years related programming experience.
- Knowledge and experience with PL/SQL, SQL, SQR.
- The ability to effectively communicate with end-users, technical personnel, and external vendors.
- Effective communication, problem determination and resolution skills.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Experience with relational databases and related application developer tools.
- Experience in successfully implementing, integrating, maintaining or supporting Ellucian Banner Systems.
- Knowledge and experience with Java, Groovy, Grails and other reporting tools.
- Broad knowledge of various programming languages, databases, operating systems, utilities, and scripting languages for LINUX, as well as using an Oracle database for programming, security and reporting perspective.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure high quality deliverables, along with the desire and skills to learn new technologies.
Ellucian. - 7 months ago
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collabor...